Hello from Maryland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mdprepper, Jan 26, 2010.

1. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Hello all!!

I am a Christian wife (married 23 yrs) and mother of two. Daughter 18, Son 11.

I am still very new to prepping. I have been working on Food Storage to start. But I am also looking at other things. We live in a townhouse, so there is not much we can do "big" but I am doing what I can. So far I have started:

Food storage
    Firewood to heat and cook in the fireplace if needed
    Some water storage
    Growing veggies
    Growing herbs for cooking and Medicinal uses (still learning about that)

My Husband thinks I am a little crazy, but he is supportive and willing to let me do what I can. He can't understand what I am "prepping" for, and frankly neither do I. I guess I just want to be ready "whatever" happens.

I am learning so much by reading through the older posts on here and gleaning some great info.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Explain to your hubby that you are preparing for the day that the two of you retire and the kiddies are on their way to makin' you grandparents. :dunno:

Anyway - welcome to the site :wave:

BTW: I am a grandpa and I love it!

3. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Why prepare?

Good to have you here. I'm a "newby" on the board myself.

My first wife was like your husband. (She died several years ago.) I don't have any easy answers. You might point him to the FEMA website where they recommend that everyone have at least some items put back and ready. Haiti and New Orleans are good examples too as well as other disasters in which it has taken awhile for "help" to arrive. Every area has it's own little list of potential disasters just waiting in the wing! Anyway, as long as it's useful stuff just tell him he has nothing to lose by being stocked up on essentials.

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME,:welcome: mdprepper from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.
    Don't worry he will come around. My wife still thinks I'm crazy after 32 years. Love is grand.

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

6. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

OMG!!!! It seems that I am not the only person in Maryland interested in being prepared!!! Good to know. I suppose there is some hope for this old blue state of ours.

Welcome! What part of the state are you in?

7. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

I am your Harford County Neighbor!!

8. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Excellent! My wife and I have been looking at land up there!

9. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome:welcome: