Hello, from Kentucky

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wbent, Dec 22, 2009.

1. wbent

wbent New Member

Hello, I am from frankfort,Ky. Pretty new to being prepared, have started stocking up on a few things, trying to convince my wife that im not crazy, she is slowly seeing the light,also have a friend that is starting to as well. I open to any suggestions or comments on being prepared.

2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME:welcome:,wbent, from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

3. Lake Windsong

Lake Windsong Well-Known Member

Welcome

Welcome wbent, hope you like what you find here. :) I like this forum group, the people are so willing to help and there's a wealth of information in the older posts.

It took a while for DH to come around; he thought I was a packrat from hell until he actually went shopping one day :eek: and realized why I stocked up on things when they are on sale. We try to make do or do without when it comes to alot of things, so we garden, repair instead of replace, make alot of things from scratch and just do the whole 'frugal living' rural lifestyle. My sister still jokes from time to time about my preparedness level ("Do you need anymore toilet paper or MREs for Christmas?") :nuts: but as the economy is failing, more people's ideals are shifting; my friends are pulling me aside to ask questions about how to start planning for the future.

Welcome again, and I look forward to your posts.

4. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome from another new guy at this forum.

The biggest suggestion I could make is to start now and stay on it. Even if you had a nearly unlimited budget, it still may take months or years to get to the point where you say "I'm Prepared".

5. Bua nó Bás

Bua nó Bás Member

Welcome from another new guy at the forum!

I think you should get along here well. Its a great community without all the egomanics found on some forums.

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome :wave:

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Howdy from the hollar, in old kentuck.