Hello from Dosadi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dosadi, Oct 10, 2010.

1. dosadi

dosadi Member

Hello everyone,

I am Dosadi.

I have been around the homesteading / survivalist / preparations way of thinking since the 70's when I first became aware of what could happen and how I wanted to evolve my lifestyle.

Some of the books that set my thinking were things such as Heinlien's books, Alas Babylyon, Ayn Rand's works most notably Atlas Shrugged.

The writings of Mel Tappen, notably "Tappan on Survival" (Which is still available for free download around the web the last time I bothered to look and still worth a read IMHO.)

Unintended Consequences by john ross.

Also my parents and grandparents were from the Great Depression Era, and thus frugal homesteding was bred into my mind set from an early stage and since the first arab oil embargo in 73 I have had interests in alternative energy and self sufficiency in lifes necesities without dependence on systems and countries that could halt supplies in bad times.

I also have experience in business and engineering including most aspects of running a business and a substantial amount of diverse engineering concepts and applications.

If I were to attempt a pigeon hole I would say that I am an individual who prefers to live a life that I have provided for myself, and that my friends consist of those interested in the same.

I have little patience with busy bodies who want to tell me what I can or cannot do, and I value God, Family, and Freedom as some of my highest values.

I only tell the truth as best as I know it, and sometimes forget to be tactful enough to not say anything when that option would result in less pain for all involved, and harm none.

I love the simple rule, An ye harm none, do as thou wilt, which IMHO is a variation of the Golden rule of Do unto others, and of the concept of sow and reap.

Hope this novel introduces me well and that I find many chances to learn and to share what I can here.

Please feel free to let me know if I'm stepping on your toes and I'll apologize, not for my thinking but for harming you.

Peace

Dosadi.

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

An ye harm none, do as thou wilt -

I know the rule well ... Hello & Welcome! :wave:

3. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

dosadi, based on your into, you appear to be a deep thinker. Deep thinkers are always of value to groups such as ours. Rest assured, if you start stepping on toes, someone will raise the caution flag. :)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Welcome.

4. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

6. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:dosadi from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts. Live and let live, good mottos to live by.

7. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome to the forum!

8. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

9. dosadi

dosadi Member

Thank you for the warm welcome.

D.