Hello from Cleveland OH

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by the_examined_life, Aug 1, 2009.

1. the_examined_life

the_examined_life Active Member

Hello All....

I just moved out to Cleveland a few months back from NOR-CAL. Its a whole new world out here. Anyhow.. I'm looking to meet people and share ideas.

Ideally I would love to organize, or help organize, a local group to meet once a month,(in RL), to discuss various topics and do a little "show and tell". I feel that if we can get more involved in a local area, creating a tight nit group, we will all benefit and help the larger community as a whole with our proactive efforts.

As far as my background.. I spent my early years focused on "being prepared" as a boy scout and eventually eagle scout. Growning up in CA meant always being ready for an Earthquake. 72hr kits aways stocked and ready to go in the car along with camping, backpacking, rock cimbing gear and a stock pile of first aid and water with a 2yr food storage at home. Our church growing up had always encouraged us to have cash, a 2yr food storage and a garden in case of an emergency and that too has stuck with me through the years.

I've accumulated many skillls over the years from basic wilderness survival techniques, orientering, gardening, establishing food storage rotation and cycling it... there is much more...and would be more that pleased to share what I know and hopefully learn from you as well.

As I mentioned before, I would love to start ,(or join), a local group or help organize to meet in person in North East Ohio around the Cleveland area... but of course anyone who is interested is more than welcome.

Any thoughts, ideas, support would be greatly appreciated.

Ja

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

welcome to the forum, fellow Ohioan :congrat:

well, you've seen Orange Barrel Season, but you haven't seen the other 3...

Almost [email protected](<!ng Winter

[email protected](<!ng Winter

Still [email protected](<!ng Winter

and yes, those ARE the correct names for them in Ohio :eek: :D

3. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Welcome from Central Ohio. MAGs are a good thing.

4. the_examined_life

Hey Blob...Doc66..

Thanks for the welcome!!

We arrived Feb 4th just in time for that last big storm. It was nice driving down narrow streets pulling a 30' trailor with another 15' off the back to carry my car. I was at a crawl and nervous as all hell I would hit someone on these little 2 lane roads. Backing that monster 100' on a slight uphill with 8" to spare on either side next to 5' snow banks was a lesson in patience. Took 2 hours to get the ice off the driveway and get in position to unload.

Lesson learned.... HIRE MOVERS!!!!!

I lived in eastern WA and UT for a few years while attending college so I thought I was use to the snow... Dude... ITS F*#(ING COLD OUT HERE!!!!

So yeah, any recommendations about establishing a group to meet in person?

Ja

5. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Welcome. Enjoy the forum!

6. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Wow they're polite in Ohio! You're welcome! ;-)

7. the_examined_life

sure give credit to the state if you want....but I owe that to my parents.

and for the record... i'm from NOR-CAL ;-) hahahaha