Hello from Bob in Southern Calif

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bunkerbob, Oct 15, 2009.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Hello, I joined at the end of Sept. Lot of experience and projects to share. Renaissance Man I guess. Watch my simple site for even more...bunkerbob

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Oh sure Bob ... you welcome everyone else to the forum and you just put in your introduction ... isn't that a little backwards :eek:

3. NaeKid

Hmm .. I guess I was wrong... this is your first posting in Introductions ... I musta confused you with someone else ... MyBad ..

:cry:

4. bunkerbob

Sorry if I mislead anyone or misspoke, new at this. Never been active in 'any' forum until now I don't even 'text' on my phone. Just want to share ideas and experiences. Didn't see introductions thread at first.

5. NaeKid

'tis alright. I was just thinkin' that you have been here forever already and were already part of the furniture :beercheer:

6. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Good stuff bob! Enjoy your official welcome. Now back to the pit. Time to run that jackhammer and move some stone!

7. bunkerbob

Just finished up with 2 hours jackhammering, moving material next. Working on the toilet area, will be breaking in to the waste line with a flush up hand pumped Jabsco twist-n-lock marine porcelain toilet.

Also just bought 2-300cf high pressure cylinders for the air supply system. Interestingly they will swap out the 450 valves on the oxy bottles for the 490 air style cheaply and fill with compressed air, this will provide a slightly pressurized fresh air for the shelter temporarily prior to using the co2 scrubber and o2. Then when appropriate will bring in outside filtered air.

By the way someone said I didn't look that old, and I replied I'm not old, just have lived a long time.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  8. NaeKid

Too funny. A couple weeks ago my grandpa, my father and myself were all together chatting up and my little lady looked at us and said that we all look "exactly the same" .. my grandfather hasn't aged at all since he was in his 50's ..

Now, I guess that means that I look a little old .... but, I can handle it, I have my own grandson now!

9. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

You have 6 generations of your family alive and well? That's amazing!

10. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

You know I haven't put mine in yet!:eek: Welcome aboard:p:wave:

11. NaeKid

My grandpa is in his 90's and still is driving, working his 2-acre garden, canning, freezing and drying food. My dad is "retired" from being a fireman and enjoying life to the fullest. Then there is me .. and my daughter who will be 25 in December and my grandson who will be 5 next March ..

A great big happy family!

12. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Your family has a strong seed!

13. Jason

I'd say so...that's really cool. You all are fortunate. My family tends to be long lived, too, but my grandparents are all gone now. My grandparents were older (relatively) when they had my parents so all but 1 were well up into their 80's when they died.

14. NaeKid

Many of my great-grandparents lived well into their 100's. I was lucky enough to know most of them very well when I was still a young-pup - and they were young as well. Back in the good-old-days "children having children" was unheard of - if the boys were old enough to "get it up" and the girls were "old enough to bleed" - a wedding was planned and breeding happened.

My great grandmother was 17 when she had my grandmother. My grandmother was barely 19 when she had my uncle .. and my dad (two years after my uncle) had me in his very early 20's.

Then - there was me - a father in his teens and my daughter - a mother in her teens. So - you can say that having 6 generations enjoying life to the fullest all at the same time is rare, but, if you look at the ages at which my family history had children - it makes more sense.

BTW: I am also a double-cousin which isn't very common either :scratch

15. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

My uncle and I went to the same high school. I was a year older than him.
    Another uncommon event.

16. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

This is getting a little too Redneck now :D

17. Hoggrydr11

Hoggrydr11 Hoggrydr11

welcome Bob, sounds like you are hunkering down. Good luck brother.

18. Jason

As long as noone is their own grandpa, we'll be just fine.

19. youpock

youpock Well-Known Member

Hey Bob I'm having trouble with your sites photos, do you have any bulk photo's uploaded to a host site like photobucket or something? I love all the work you've done, it looks great.

20. bunkerbob

No I don't. What photos are you looking for. Maybe I can build a album if I can figure it out.