Prepared Society Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What ever happenned to the old regular woodstove for heating your house. The vermont castings is the most efficient for its price range and you can cook on it too. It WILL keep a 2000 sq ft house very warm in winter. I had one and loved it. It also burns its own smoke so you're not sending a signal to anyne where you are.

I'd give my right arm for enough solar power to run the AC in summer but afraid itd be nigh on impossible to afford.
Thanks for the heads up on the stove. We will also require stoves to replace the fireplaces.
Vermont Castings Wood and Coal Stoves

· Registered
1 Posts
Question

This is not a reply it is a question. It has taken me 2 hours to find this site. We have a Timbereze wood burning furnace. It is over 20 years old but still works fine. We have searched everywhere for the answer to our question. Can you use the furnace without the blower? Timbereze is no longer in business and most sites are about stoves not furnaces...Any help out there? Thank you Janie

· RockyMountainCanadian
4,472 Posts
This is not a reply it is a question. It has taken me 2 hours to find this site. We have a Timbereze wood burning furnace. It is over 20 years old but still works fine. We have searched everywhere for the answer to our question. Can you use the furnace without the blower? Timbereze is no longer in business and most sites are about stoves not furnaces...Any help out there? Thank you Janie
these guys were a dealer
Lehman Hardware & Appliance
1 Lehman Cr
Kidron, OH 44636
330-857-5441

Basicly if the furnace has a brick lined fire box and some surface you should be able to use it as a stove, the best thing to do is find some magnetic temperature guages (designed for wood fired stoves) and place one on the flue just as it leaves the fire box , and one as the flue enters the insulated chimeny. this will let you know that the flue temps aren't getting to high. the guages should be marked in degrees as well as showing the burn zone and overheat zone. you would also probably need to remove the sheetmetal from aroun the outside of the unit so that it can radiate, that being said you would need to check for clearances to combustables and treat it like an unrated heater. If this doesn't answer your questions . maybe start a new thread in this forum with more of a specific title. :wave:

· Jack of all trades?
8,564 Posts
I'd give my right arm for enough solar power to run the AC in summer but afraid it'd be nigh on impossible to afford.
If I find the time, I am going to swap the entire system from a pick-up truck to be used to cool at least one or two rooms in the house... the compressor will be wind driven. I would still like to explore this idea.

· Registered
2 Posts
Question

I have a Timber Eze 530 Wood Furnace. The manual states it may be used with the blowers not operating (power outage) only if the air intake lids are closed to throttle the fire down and prevent the firebox/plenum from overheating.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts