Health Care for Congresscritters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UncleJoe, Apr 10, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Got this email today and put my name on it.

Finally, some good news to act on!!.
    On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a two-page amendment that would require all Members and their staffs to enroll in any new government-run health plan.. It took me less than a minute to sign up to require our congressmen and senators to drink at the same trough! Three cheers for Congressman John Fleming of Louisiana ! Congressman John Fleming ( Louisiana physician) has proposed an amendment that would require congressmen and senators to take the same healthcare plan they force on us (under proposed legislation they are curiously exempt). >>> > Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go on his Website and Sign his petition (very simple - just email). I have just done just that at: Congressman John Fleming : Express Your Opinion
    Please urge as many people as you can to do the same! If Congress forces this on the American people, the Congress should have to accept the same level of health care for themselves and their families. To do otherwise is the height of hypocrisy! Please pass this on!!.

2. TimB

TimB Member

Done and sending to all my friends and family. :congrat:

Tim

3. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

They get to vote on their own programs, pay , benefits what you say means squat to them.

4. UncleJoe

While this may be true, the only way to get anything done is by making a lot of noise. When you have enough people screaming about an issue, the "powers that be" begin to worry about keeping their jobs.
    The squeaky wheel is the one that gets greased first.

5. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

the only way to get things done is to stop voting for the two party system they have a lock on this country

6. UncleJoe

I COMPLETELY AGREE!! But that's a tall order.

Ron Paul’s campaign for president in 2007–8 showed how difficult it is to elect a candidate who favors smaller government. In spite of over 100,000 campaign workers and $30,000,000 and an articulate candidate with 20 years in Congress and a sterling personal life and record of accomplishment, he received less than ten percent in every Republican primary election. The system is thoroughly stacked against anyone who would attempt to reform it from within.

The main function of national elections in this country is to give the people the illusion that they are in charge and can change policy whenever necessary. However, the basic policies never seem to change. Elections allow people to blow off steam and thus serve as a safety valve for the regime that allows them to rule us for another four years.

Taken from Chapter 3 of Direct Citizen Action: How We Can Win the Second American Revolution Without Firing a Shot.
    by James Ostrowski

Posted at Why Politics Is Not the Answer by James Ostrowski

7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Well, it has come to light that the obamacare bill DOES indeed require many politicos and their staff members to go under the provisions of the same HealthScare Boondoggle that We The People will suffer under. A 'mistake' in the wording of the law. Hehehe......
    Of course, the magic kenyan's cohorts are trying to find a way to rewrite it or enact a provision to get out from under it. Not so lucky the Great Unwashed Masses. :(

8. NORTH

NORTH Active Member

Done and done

9. NORTH

NORTH Active Member

I read an article(can't remember where) that the bill did require congress to be on the health care exchange program upon enactment of the bill,which happened as soon as B.O. signed it. The problem is that the exchanges aren't in effect till 2014! So thems in congress actually signed away thier own health care for 4 years, just shows to me they passed this Obamanation of a bill WITHOUT EVEN READING IT!!! But you can be sure that they are fixin that mistake right quick!:congrat: