Have they taken over Dish Network?

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by CVORNurse, Aug 10, 2010.

1. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

Just turned on Fox News, there is some group singing in a foreign language. CNN is a Chinese News Network right now. MSNBC, and even the CSpan channels have foreign languages on them.

Would be funny if it were April 1st, but it isn't. A bit unnerving to wake up and your NEWS SOURCES are all gone.

Really hope it is some sort of temporary satellite glitch.

2. CVORNurse

Well, Fox and CNN are back. CNN just came back mid sentence.

I know those of you still asleep think I am joking, but all the news was gone except Headline News and Fox Business. Every other news channel I have access to was in a foreign language, what seemed to be arabic, chinese, and a european type language. I am basing my guesses by the writing that was showing up on the tv screens.

I realize it was probably just some sort of glitch, but I am unnerved and really wish I could just call in sick today. Even more unsettling, both of my youngest children are a 12 hour drive away( with good traffic) with my parents on vacation.

Now off to work.

- think I will wear my tinfoil hat today-

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010

3. lexsurivor

lexsurivor Well-Known Member

Solar activity could have allowed foreign channels to be boosted to your house.

4. tortminder

tortminder Well-Known Member

It's George Bush's fault! It's the fault of the Zombies. It's Barack Obama's; Nancy Pelosi's and Harry Reid's fault. It's San Andreas' fault. It's asphalt!:D

Remember, the average man is really clueless... then consider that anyone who is average is smarter than 50% of the population.:eek:

5. lexsurivor

Id believe the third one:D

6. CVORNurse

Solar activity, huh? Did see on another forum where there is another burst headed our way. More than likely though it is the Zombies trying to take over.
    Did hear from a friend that Boomerang channel at their house was acting up too. Had english speaking cartoons, with what appeared to be arabic subtitles.

I am re doing my tinfoil hat before tomorrow. Just in case :peep:

7. lexsurivor

I could see this as a cable comercial. "Are you tired of foreign channels taking over your tv, tired of watching chinese propaganda, or maybe your favorite show isint taliban training videos, Well fear no more because starting today we will hook up cable for you for only $29.99 did you get that camera guy? Only $29.99 but call right now and we will send you a free frisbee made from your satalite dish. So call now because now you have no tv but you do have a frisbee."

8. CVORNurse

Lex, I like it.

I was actually thinking what if yesterday. What if the Chinese/Russians/Iran/Whomever took over the satellite tv satellites? We have a crappy antena and no near tv stations worth anything. I don't know if the antenna works with the tv since they made that conversion last year. Haven't had it hooked up in several years. I would be at a loss for news other than the internet and newspapers.

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Our internet was out two mornings in a row now. Phone was working, but no internet for several hours. (Yesterday and today)

Funny how isolating that feels! Never thought of myself as hooked on the internet...