Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to wish all the folk a happy start to Yule and a safe Mother's nights.
Be safe

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
I ain't of that beliefe, but thank ya anyway, an with out offendin have a Merry Christmas.

Rev. Coot

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
And a Merry Solstice to you as well!!

Anyone have something special planned for tomorrow night?

·
194 Posts
We've found it the perfect time of year for friends to get together (10-15 of us) to celebrate life. Starts late afternoon with games for the kids and chat for the adults, progresses to a mini-feast for all and continues with the ritual bonfire with drumming & chanting, song and dance, wassail bowl and spiced cider, and praising which ever Deity each of us holds dear. (And we are an eclectic bunch :2thumb:) Yeah ... we consider it "special" even though we meet several times a year, this one is always the best.

·
The end is extremely nigh
105 Posts
And a Happy Yule to you as well. We plan on staying up to watch the eclipse with a few friends and throw back a few drinks and have some smoked leg of lamb for supper.

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Happy Yule
Merry Christmas
Merry Solstice and Happy or Merry to what ever I missed :D

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Welcome Yule. (and the Oak King)

We also plan on staying up to watch the eclipse ... :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Happy, Merry anything to everyone. :)

I'll be staying up for the eclipse as well. Still undecided about getting out the telescope.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
May it all be the best ever, for all of you!

:)

·
The end is extremely nigh
105 Posts
Well I stayed up hoping that the sky would clear up but we didn't get to see the eclipse. No matter we had a great time with friends anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Well I stayed up hoping that the sky would clear up but we didn't get to see the eclipse. No matter we had a great time with friends anyway.
Yea, I know what you mean ... we didn't see the eclipes either :cry: but a great time was had anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Darn! I missed this thread! I hope that everyone had a Merry Yule! I was alone this year as everyone was either working or away! But I had a small feast for myself and plenty of good cheer anyhow!
I too got skunked out of the total eclipse- we had mostly clear skies till about 1:15, then around 1:45 the cloud cover thickened but it turned the most unusual orangey red color! I finished the night by doing the usual cleansing rituals and safeguards around the doors and windows and then finally just slept the longest night thru!;)
And to everyone! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts