Happy Yule

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Asatrur, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

I wanted to wish all the folk a happy start to Yule and a safe Mother's nights.
    Be safe

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

I ain't of that beliefe, but thank ya anyway, an with out offendin have a Merry Christmas.

Rev. Coot

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

And a Merry Solstice to you as well!!

Anyone have something special planned for tomorrow night?

4. Reblazed

Reblazed Member

We've found it the perfect time of year for friends to get together (10-15 of us) to celebrate life. Starts late afternoon with games for the kids and chat for the adults, progresses to a mini-feast for all and continues with the ritual bonfire with drumming & chanting, song and dance, wassail bowl and spiced cider, and praising which ever Deity each of us holds dear. (And we are an eclectic bunch :2thumb:) Yeah ... we consider it "special" even though we meet several times a year, this one is always the best.

5. twiggie

twiggie The end is extremely nigh

And a Happy Yule to you as well. We plan on staying up to watch the eclipse with a few friends and throw back a few drinks and have some smoked leg of lamb for supper.

6. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Happy Yule
    Merry Christmas
    Merry Solstice and Happy or Merry to what ever I missed :D

7. tortminder

tortminder Well-Known Member

Merry meet, Merry part, Merry meet again.:D

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Welcome Yule. (and the Oak King)

We also plan on staying up to watch the eclipse ... :2thumb:

9. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Happy, Merry anything to everyone. :)

I'll be staying up for the eclipse as well. Still undecided about getting out the telescope.

10. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

May it all be the best ever, for all of you!

:)

11. twiggie

twiggie The end is extremely nigh

Well I stayed up hoping that the sky would clear up but we didn't get to see the eclipse. No matter we had a great time with friends anyway.

12. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Yea, I know what you mean ... we didn't see the eclipes either :cry: but a great time was had anyway. :D

13. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

Darn! I missed this thread! I hope that everyone had a Merry Yule! I was alone this year as everyone was either working or away! But I had a small feast for myself and plenty of good cheer anyhow!
    I too got skunked out of the total eclipse- we had mostly clear skies till about 1:15, then around 1:45 the cloud cover thickened but it turned the most unusual orangey red color! I finished the night by doing the usual cleansing rituals and safeguards around the doors and windows and then finally just slept the longest night thru!;)
    And to everyone! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!