Happy Earth Day

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by NoShame, Apr 22, 2009.

1. NoShame

NoShame Guest

Well, I'm new here and I just joined. Instead of starting 2 new topics, I figured I would just combine into one. So hello and Happy Earth Day! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and learn more.

Did anybody do anything to celebrate? My family and I planted an orange tree in my daughter's yard at her first home this morning. She was my last child to move out so DH and I are learning how to be "empty nesters"....

Anyways- glad to be here at this lovely forum!

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I took a Pontiac G8 out an did smokey burn outs all day. I didn't even realize it was earth day until my date and I got to the vegan restaurant to eat a late supper. I guess by not eating meat we reduced the number of cow farts in the atmosphere by a few dozen. That's about it.

3. Apparently Al Gore turned on all the lights on in his house for Earth Hour recently.

4. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

I was going to go to the earthday celebration but I had to leave town :( I am not sure how they celebrate it there, I think it was a nature park with glassbottom boats

5. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to try a glass bottom boat but never had the chance. I guess it's only cool if there's something alive in the lake. I think in lake Ontario there's just old boots and pop cans down there. Oh, and mutant carp.

6. C.Winslow

C.Winslow Guest

I don't know what goes on in my town for earth day either but I will find out for next year. I know that the year before last everyone gathered downtown to paint the recycled bicycle's yellow. I didn't even realize it was earth day until half way through the day. Is it on the same date every year?