Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...mdprepper, wherever you are. :( :cry:

I've tried contacting her by PM, by regular postal mail, and on her Facebook page. I ran a search on both her real name (only found one thing, her Dad's obit from when he died last year) and her screen name, where I found her on another forum but she hasn't been on that one in ages either.

md, I miss you! :wave:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Last time she was on was April 6 of this year - wonder if something serious happened to her ...

Does anyone have a phone number to call direct?

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have her phone number but I've been afraid to call! (Do we have an "I'm a chicken" smiley icon? :D )

I'll PM it to you, NaeKid.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I hope all is well ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm really worried about her. She's such a decent and fun person, and we'd become friends off the forum too. Things were going along as normal as can be...then *poof* ...she disappeared. No answer to my snail-mail letters or anything. I thought if something happened to her, at least someone there would write back or call and let me know. She has 3 sisters and at least one son. They're a pretty close family.

There was no indication that anyone on the forum offended or upset her. She's disappeared ar the same time from another forum I found her on. If she just doesn't have internet any more I'd think she would have written back by regular snail-mail and told me.

She was a member here in our hidey-hole, too. I like to think someone would care enough to try and find out what happened to me if I disappeared...though hopefully MMM would let you know! lol

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Hello all. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Nope, no one offended me. Ready for the update.....

In April I received a call from my sons school, he was in SERIOUS trouble. He is only 13 years old. I had the option of taking him home or having him arrested. It broke my heart, but I had them arrest him in the hopes of him learning his lesson. The state of Maryland requires that he be given "a room, a bed, 2 seasonally appropriate outfits and 2400 calories a day". When we picked him up from lock up, that was exactly what he had. It has been a long, hard struggle but he has had to earn back not only our trust, but all of his belongings.

Then in the beginning of June my beloved husband Gene suffered a massive heart attack. Our local hospital said he had pneumonia, gave him a few nebulizer treatments and a nice big breakfast and were getting ready to discharge him, then realized that they had "lost" his lab work and had to redo it. Within 15 minutes he had a cardiologist in the room and within an hour he had been transported to another hospital for cardiac catheterization. Blessedly, he had what they called "collateral circulation" around his Right Coronary Artery, which was 100% blocked. He is home and recovering slowly. He is on 8 medications! A 20 minute walk exhausts him for an entire day. But he is alive and that is what matters.

So all of that was to say, I have been a "bit depressed" and will eventually get out of this funk and rejoin the land of the living. Hopefully, I will make more of an appearance here soon. Perhaps I'll try to get on later tonight....

As for my garden, it went to hell in a hand basket :(

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Gosh, MD. Very sorry to hear about your troubles. But it sounds as thought things are going in the right direction.

Hang in there.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Hello all. Thank you for the birthday wishes. Nope, no one offended me. Ready for the update.....

In April I received a call from my sons school, he was in SERIOUS trouble. He is only 13 years old. I had the option of taking him home or having him arrested. It broke my heart, but I had them arrest him in the hopes of him learning his lesson. The state of Maryland requires that he be given "a room, a bed, 2 seasonally appropriate outfits and 2400 calories a day". When we picked him up from lock up, that was exactly what he had. It has been a long, hard struggle but he has had to earn back not only our trust, but all of his belongings.

Then in the beginning of June my beloved husband Gene suffered a massive heart attack. Our local hospital said he had pneumonia, gave him a few nebulizer treatments and a nice big breakfast and were getting ready to discharge him, then realized that they had "lost" his lab work and had to redo it. Within 15 minutes he had a cardiologist in the room and within an hour he had been transported to another hospital for cardiac catheterization. Blessedly, he had what they called "collateral circulation" around his Right Coronary Artery, which was 100% blocked. He is home and recovering slowly. He is on 8 medications! A 20 minute walk exhausts him for an entire day. But he is alive and that is what matters.

So all of that was to say, I have been a "bit depressed" and will eventually get out of this funk and rejoin the land of the living. Hopefully, I will make more of an appearance here soon. Perhaps I'll try to get on later tonight....

As for my garden, it went to hell in a hand basket :(
You may have received a message on your answering machine late last night .. ya, that was me .. :wave:

Welcome back and I really hope that things are getting better for you!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
md, I'm sitting here weeping with joy to know you're okay! I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through. Please, don't feel pressured to be on here a lot right now, but let us know from time to time that you're okay. I really love you and I'm SO glad to hear from you. If only I could encourage you half as much as you encouraged me in the past! I hope everything keeps getting better; that your son learns and grows from this and becomes a good, upstanding young man, and that your husband makes a full recovery and you have a long, happy future together.

*hug* Let us know if you need anything.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
MD-nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you have a rough row to hoe but you have all of us rooting for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Md, you and your family are in my prayers. sail

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Welcome back md. Wishing you and yours a speedy return to a less stressful life. :kiss:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Welcome back and sorry to hear about your problems. Wishing you only the best.

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
You've been missed! We're very sorry to hear of all the troubles you've had lately. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts