Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Hello, new member here, got tired of endless google searches turning up conflicting results on different preparation techniques, so I figured a forum would be more efficient at bouncing ideas around, and getting more thorough advice.

I live up north, but who knows for how long. Not military just young and restless to find my feet. Thinking about the northwest US as a potential future, as it has a similar climate but is a little more normal than Alaska. While I know that our state has a history of people surviving for extended amounts of time on just the land, I couldn't imagine trying to make it through our winter in just a log cabin. It can be done, but with our distance and lack of quick direct contact I think the continental US just makes sense. Plus you lower-48er's don't have silly shipping laws like we do.

Without spilling out a life story or anything, I'll say I'm a university student, engaged to be married this summer, and I believe in 2 extremes, technological singularity and the threat of apocalypse. They may go hand in hand in reality, but I think the world is destined for some place in the middle. The gist of it really comes in that I want to survive, in whatever utopia/dystopia we may find ourselves in.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't :wave:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Hello & Welcome!:wave:

Jump right in! :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello and Welcome

:wave:Welcome and glad to have you join us

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome Kogneto, lots of good people and info here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts