Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gypsysue non-fiction: Dirt Time Survival Skills Vacation

Dirt Time was held last week in Wyoming. It was a camp-out with around 175 people attending, and we learned all kinds of survival and primitive skills.

My report has pictures and a summary of what we learned, along with some humor. The people were great, the food was great, the weather wasn't so great, but all-in-all, it was one of the best weeks of my life!

Attachments

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm trying!

When I went to upload it, I got a message saying it was bigger than allowed on the forum. Probably all the pictures.

I have a message out to naekid, asking what to do next.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I just added the document for you.

Ya, it was way bigger than what most of the documents have been uploaded to the server, so, I had to adjust the max-file-size setting to allow it.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, NaeKid!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Very good report GS , I never heard of this get together, when and where did it start?...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, HozayBuck! "Dirt Time" is loosely associated with "Wilderness Way" Magazine, and this year's camp-out was the 3rd one. It's planned again for next year.

This year, of course, was in Wyoming. Last year it was in central California, and I don't know where the first one was.

This isn't the only camp-out like that. There are some that only teach primitive skills, others that teach survival techniques using modern doo-dads and equipment. Anyone interested could probably do an internet search. If someone is really serious about attending one and can't find what they're looking for, send me a personal message and I'll see if I can match you up to one.

Some are weekend-long, some are a full week, some are Mon-Fri.

And the people you meet there...absolutely terrific people! Lots of fun!

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
awesome! it's like boy scouts for adults, makes me wish they had similar stuff here...i'm sure they do....looking into it now

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, sourdough, and you're welcome! Glad you got something from it! Lots of things there I never thought of either!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you very much for the report on Dirt Time. Sounds like it would be a blast.

I would also like to thank you for your stories. I am glad when I get to see stories of my home state :congrat:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
earthorca...you're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

Dirt Time was a blast! I'm looking forward to going again next year! It's a great way to get some hands-on time doing real survival skills!

I see that was your first post...welcome to the forum, even if you've been visiting here for a while!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts