Prepared Society Forum banner

guns

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  ra5451 
#1 ·
We pretty much all have guns in here as part of our preps..Im always buying and selling..Im looking at a Rocky Point Guns AR ..but I dont know anything about them...anyone one here own one or know anything about them ?..just trying to find out if they have any problems or something before I make up my mind on getting one

#2 ·
Talking about guns in relation to hunting is ok, but, talking about guns for the sake of talking about guns needs to be done on our sister site. Just a reminder ... ;)

Bummer, I know ... but rules are rules.

#4 ·
I didn't know about the "sister site" for gun talk. I do think it is a good idea since gun talk often gets bogged down in details and personal preference.

I am new here and haven't found "Home" or "About" pages that tell me the rules or who runs and sponsors the site. The absence of advertising indicates someone is donating quite a bit of time and a t least a little money.

Can someone point me in the right direction to know the Who, What and Why of this forum?

Cordially,
TwoHoot

#5 ·
I never fired one of those, but I have fired a few different Colts and Rock Rivers. Both where good. The Colt felt a little, I don't know, "tighter" but the RR was much more affordable and grouped just as well. For the money, I'd get a RR and extra ammo over the Colt. If you have ever fired a Scattergun and a plain jane 870 or driven a new car compared to one with 200,000 miles, then you know what I mean by tighter. Then both get the job done, but one feels smoother getting there.

Only hunting talk? What about this 3 page thread ?
Opinions on SKS
I've been looking at an SKS model at a surplus store in Onieda, and I was wondering if anyone had expirience with them, as in reliability, accuracy, and ease to use.
http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f32/opinions-sks-3564/

#7 ·
I never fired one of those, but I have fired a few different Colts and Rock Rivers. Both where good. The Colt felt a little, I don't know, "tighter" but the RR was much more affordable and grouped just as well. For the money, I'd get a RR and extra ammo over the Colt. If you have ever fired a Scattergun and a plain jane 870 or driven a new car compared to one with 200,000 miles, then you know what I mean by tighter. Then both get the job done, but one feels smoother getting there.

Only hunting talk? What about this 3 page thread ?
Opinions on SKS
I've been looking at an SKS model at a surplus store in Onieda, and I was wondering if anyone had expirience with them, as in reliability, accuracy, and ease to use.
http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f32/opinions-sks-3564/
I can only tell you what I was told. :D

Rules are in the sticky on livestock-hunting-fishing section

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f15/rules-guidelines-livestock-hunting-fishing-3352/

#8 · (Edited)
I didn't know about the "sister site" for gun talk. I do think it is a good idea since gun talk often gets bogged down in details and personal preference.

I am new here and haven't found "Home" or "About" pages that tell me the rules or who runs and sponsors the site. The absence of advertising indicates someone is donating quite a bit of time and a t least a little money.

Can someone point me in the right direction to know the Who, What and Why of this forum?

Cordially,
TwoHoot
The hunting rules are posted as a sticky in that section, the same goes for politics and religion.

#9 ·
nj_m715, because you asked, the general rules for the forum are listed in the Website Comments and Suggestions section. The message was posted almost a year ago and currently has 260 views. Quick-link to the thread is: http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f45/standard-rules-guidelines-preparedsociety-5866/

Many sections also have specific rules posted and there is always a quick-link to our sister-site of FireArmsTalk.com in the HomeSecurity / Personal Security section.

The short version about why the SKS thread has continued on is because the SKS can be used as a hunting-rifle. I know a couple of hunters here in Canada that use them. Personally, I use a rifle made in 1942 to hunt deer.

azurevirus, PreparedSociety.com was spun-off from our first forum, JeepForum.com and is hosted on the same server-farm right beside all of our sister-sites including CityProfile.com, HomeBrewTalk.com, TwoSpoke.com and many more. As certain topics become known to us, we tend to create another forum to deal with those kinds of subjects ....

#11 ·
Andi,

Your sister doesn't even know you! Have you met her?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/hi-42794/#post508907
If you asking me if I'm a member of firearmstalk ... I am not. Talking about guns 24/7 is not my thing ... but to each their own. ;) I'm lucky to have time for one forum.

Like NaeKid said ... PreparedSociety.com was spun-off from our first forum, JeepForum.com and is hosted on the same server-farm right beside all of our sister-sites including CityProfile.com, HomeBrewTalk.com, TwoSpoke.com and many more. As certain topics become known to us, we tend to create another forum to deal with those kinds of subjects.

#12 ·
Like NaeKid said ... PreparedSociety.com was spun-off from our first forum, JeepForum.com and is hosted on the same server-farm right beside all of our sister-sites including CityProfile.com, HomeBrewTalk.com, TwoSpoke.com and many more. As certain topics become known to us, we tend to create another forum to deal with those kinds of subjects.
Why arent these on the links page?

Just sayin.

#13 ·
Immolatus - looks like I have some work to do ...

#14 ·
HI Andi

I saw that you mentioned that Firearmstalk was our sister site. When I introduced my self over there they had no idea that they had a sister site..That's what I was gettin at. But now I understand...

If you asking me if I'm a member of firearmstalk ... I am not. Talking about guns 24/7 is not my thing ... but to each their own. ;) I'm lucky to have time for one forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.