Guineas - For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by *Andi, Aug 22, 2010.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Yea ... I know this is a long shot ... but ...
    I have 13 early summer hatch guineas for sale ... 5 bucks each ... I'm an hour south of Roanoke, Va or 1 hour north of the Greensboro, N.C. area.

Anyone in the area, looking for guineas send me a pm. :flower:

2. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Andi, I would love to have some but I'm in MT and LunaMother is in TX with the small Guineas we have (5) guess we will have to pass...good luck!!

3. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

I can teach ya how ta smoke them!:D

Noisey critters, but there cool lookin. Nieghbor lady had some an liked ta drove me nuts, coyote done made dinner outa them though.

Hope yall find em a good home.

Coot

4. flatwater

flatwater Well-Known Member

And here all this time I thought a guinea was a piece of change

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

LOL - :D

They can be! 28 guineas for 4 baby pigs!!! :2thumb: I thought it was a good barter. :D Now ... I may end up with 2 more if I can't sell the little ones out right.

6. JeepHammer

JeepHammer Well-Known Member

GUINEA FOWL are smarter than turkeys, they LOVE ticks, so if you have a tick problem, they WILL solve it for you!

They stay close to home, they are pretty good eating (Same rules as any fowl apply) and they are good watch 'Dogs'...

Keep them pinned up until they learn where you are going to feed them, and the 'Roost' is, and they will stay in the immediate area with no issues.
    Once they get to know where 'Home' is, you can let them run free and they will feed themselves for the most part.

I have ZERO problems with chiggers, ticks, ect. in the barn yard area where they hang out, and most of the other things that try to eat me are gone also.

I like my Guineas and they have provided me with food, advance notice when something or someone is around, and make for some pretty good company at times!

They can also be ENTERTAINING! They aren't exactly all there sometimes!
    You wouldn't believe the antics when they go to bathe!

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I like my guineas also ... but ... at some point you must ask (no matter the critter) how many is to many.:D

Is 60 goats to many? Well yea ... so some of them had to go. :cry: So where do you draw the line on guineas ... I say 50 ... :surrender:

I will keep 4 and start all over again ... after I find a home for the little ones.

Looks like I will be getting 2 more pigs. :D

8. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Ours are free range as are the chickens and ducks and turkeys, all live in the big Oak tree above the ever watchful Great Perr... well not the ducks, they huddle around the big dog...funny as can be!!..but in the winter that's the warmest dog around! a living down blankie!!..lol , once in a while the old Owl nails one but what the hell, owls gotta live too...

The guineas get the highest up in the Oak tree and never get bothered by the Owls...go figger... I like the ugly lil buggers... but the other birds hate em..