Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is really cool!!
See what a large explosion would do to your area.
Type in your city, pick the size of the explosion and the wind direction, then hit "nuke it"

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

OK. Maybe one of you computer savy people can make this show up right in the post. I don't know how to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
This is really cool!!
See what a large explosion would do to your area.
Type in your city, pick the size of the explosion and the wind direction, then hit "nuke it"

Ground Zero II | Carloslabs

OK. Maybe one of you computer savy people can make this show up right in the post. I don't know how to do it.
It worked for me, just put in your city or locale. Just blew myself up:gaah::surrender:

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
:2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:

been wondering for awhile this exact information...course I could have done the math for myself, but this has google maps! lol

the wind direction though, is that like average wind direction or what is it based on? I guess you could rotate it in your mind

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It worked for me, just put in your city or locale. Just blew myself up:gaah::surrender:
Thats not exactly what I mean.
I found this in a blog I read. The map worked right from the post, like when you guys put a video in a post and all we need to do is hit the play arrow and it runs without going to another site. I don't know how to do that so I just post links.

Am I explaining this right? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Thats not exactly what I mean.
I found this in a blog I read. The map worked right from the post, like when you guys put a video in a post and all we need to do is hit the play arrow and it runs without going to another site. I don't know how to do that so I just post links.

Am I explaining this right? :dunno:
I'm not sure either.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Maybe one of you computer savy people can make this show up right in the post. I don't know how to do it.
I don't think you can do that for this one...or if you can they don't have an embed code included

...also I found out you can change wind direction by clicking the little compass in the bottom left corner, all I had to do was open my damn eyes :p

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Nice - if a 6-kiloton took out downtown I would be fine - I live another 60 blocks north of the farthest reach of a nuke and with normal wind-direction I might not even see the smoke :2thumb:

So, I also tried the Calgary airport and based on everything it shows, I would probably be relatively safe. My plans for GOOD are still unchanged due to what I see from those to main-points of attack.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in pretty good shape also unless Philadephia got hit during a "nor'easter". That would present a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts