Ground Zero ll

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by UncleJoe, Mar 20, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

This is really cool!!
    See what a large explosion would do to your area.
    Type in your city, pick the size of the explosion and the wind direction, then hit "nuke it"

http://www.carloslabs.com/node/20

OK. Maybe one of you computer savy people can make this show up right in the post. I don't know how to do it.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

It worked for me, just put in your city or locale. Just blew myself up:gaah::surrender:

3. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

:2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:

been wondering for awhile this exact information...course I could have done the math for myself, but this has google maps! lol

the wind direction though, is that like average wind direction or what is it based on? I guess you could rotate it in your mind

4. UncleJoe

Thats not exactly what I mean.
    I found this in a blog I read. The map worked right from the post, like when you guys put a video in a post and all we need to do is hit the play arrow and it runs without going to another site. I don't know how to do that so I just post links.

Am I explaining this right? :dunno:

5. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I'm not sure either.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  6. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

I don't think you can do that for this one...or if you can they don't have an embed code included

...also I found out you can change wind direction by clicking the little compass in the bottom left corner, all I had to do was open my damn eyes :p

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Nice - if a 6-kiloton took out downtown I would be fine - I live another 60 blocks north of the farthest reach of a nuke and with normal wind-direction I might not even see the smoke :2thumb:

So, I also tried the Calgary airport and based on everything it shows, I would probably be relatively safe. My plans for GOOD are still unchanged due to what I see from those to main-points of attack.

8. longtime

longtime Well-Known Member

Looks like I am safe from everything except a poor shot and a hit from space.

Thanks, very entertaining.

9. UncleJoe

I'm in pretty good shape also unless Philadephia got hit during a "nor'easter". That would present a problem.