Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You know not what your talking about :mad:
Maybe he does, we lived at 8,100 ft in the foothills of the Rockies, West of Denver, Colorado and we had enough of the white fluffy stuff ourselves, we do get some here in Southern Oregon but it's usually gone in a few days. If I want to play in the snow, we can always drive to the mountains, generally the only reason I'd want to be in the snow is during elk season.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
This is what I found.

A DIFFERENT SHADE OF GRAY

Fredricks Importing is the only importer authorized by Yanmar to use the Yanmar brand name and wordmark for the purposes of refurbishment of Japanese market tractors (commonly referred to as gray market tractors). We take this honor seriously and our tractors reflect that. Our product is well-built, quality-controlled, and most importantly, safe. If you're in the market for a Yanmar tractor, you're in the right place.

THE FREDRICKS DIFFERENCE: OUR REFURBISHMENT PROCESS

Our refurbishment process is simple but thorough: tear down and build up. We replace items like pistons, sleeves, connecting rods, bearings, gaskets, seals, soft goods (like hoses and belts) radiators, electrical components, and more. We even repaint the tractor in our automotive paint booth. Like we said; thorough. Check out some before and after pictures here.

During the rebuild, we also install a full safety package that includes a ROPS, seat belt, PTO shield and overrun clutch, and more. This is part of our commitment to provide a safe, reliable tractor that will give you quality service for years to come.

Once the rebuild is complete, the tractor is thoroughly inspected for quality in appearance and operation. We test all tractors using a PTO dynamometer. This places the tractor under a load and ensures that the tractor runs properly under stress.

You won't find rebuild quality like ours elsewhere. Period.

·
1,292 Posts
Maybe he does, we lived at 8,100 ft in the foothills of the Rockies, West of Denver, Colorado and we had enough of the white fluffy stuff ourselves, we do get some here in Southern Oregon but it's usually gone in a few days. If I want to play in the snow, we can always drive to the mountains, generally the only reason I'd want to be in the snow is during elk season.
A few years ago my wife and I moved into a house apartment on a Friday , it started to snow that morning . Well by Sunday afternoon we had almost 8feet of the fluffy white stuff. Let's just say the new snowblower the landlord bought us was broken in real good lol.

·
Supporting Member
819 Posts
This is what I found.

A DIFFERENT SHADE OF GRAY

Fredricks Importing is the only importer authorized by Yanmar to use the Yanmar brand name and wordmark for the purposes of refurbishment of Japanese market tractors (commonly referred to as gray market tractors). We take this honor seriously and our tractors reflect that. Our product is well-built, quality-controlled, and most importantly, safe. If you're in the market for a Yanmar tractor, you're in the right place.

THE FREDRICKS DIFFERENCE: OUR REFURBISHMENT PROCESS

Our refurbishment process is simple but thorough: tear down and build up. We replace items like pistons, sleeves, connecting rods, bearings, gaskets, seals, soft goods (like hoses and belts) radiators, electrical components, and more. We even repaint the tractor in our automotive paint booth. Like we said; thorough. Check out some before and after pictures here.

During the rebuild, we also install a full safety package that includes a ROPS, seat belt, PTO shield and overrun clutch, and more. This is part of our commitment to provide a safe, reliable tractor that will give you quality service for years to come.

Once the rebuild is complete, the tractor is thoroughly inspected for quality in appearance and operation. We test all tractors using a PTO dynamometer. This places the tractor under a load and ensures that the tractor runs properly under stress.

You won't find rebuild quality like ours elsewhere. Period.
They do provide a line sheet of all the work that was done to it and is initialed off by who did the work. They also do provide replacement parts.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Ok why would Fredricks do a 10 to 15 thousand hour style overhaul unless the tractor needed it. remans usually don't live as long as original, so if the Fredricks tractor needed all those parts then it must have been really worn out, as opposed to a 1500 hour mostly pto service tractor.

Personally I would be nervous of a machine that needed so much work :scratch

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
I have a variety:

1949 Farmall "C" doesn't get hardly any simpler than that. Has hydraulics, and though the pump is small and slow - it's better than no hydraulics.

1964 gas International 2404 Industrial (like a Farmall 404) - WICKED huge hydraulic systems, 3 of them: 1) Loader has it's own crank driven pump ... 2) two rear remotes and 3-point hitch 3) power steering has a dedicated circuit. It's factory rating is 35HP, but I've done a LOT to it and it's close to 50 hp now. Built like a Sherman tank.

2006 diesel Branson 3510i - 100% mechanical everything except for the starter/alternator. Tractor can be pulled to start it if needed. Made STOUT and in South Korea (like Kioti) and VERY well made. Hydraulics and not near the volume or power of the '64 International, but it's size makes it a VERY handle little guy to have. Needs tire ballast to function well. NO EMISSIONS controls means I'll be keeping it forever.

Older Yanmar stuff is very good, newer stuff (including Deere) is crap like Kubotas for serious work. Kubota & Yanmar used to build HELLA STOUT tractors until they realized that people are just buying them for "hobby use only" and the quality and been cheapened a LOT. A 30-40 HP Kubota or Yanmar (Deere) from the early 80's is a *solid* machine, now they're just glorified lawn tractors and I fix a LOT of them because they break all the time when used hard.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts