Greetings

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by catsraven, Jan 26, 2010.

1. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Hello

I have been lurking, reading posts. Thought I would pop in to say hello and introduce my self, read some more, post a few questions. Looking forward to talking and exchanging ideas.

I would like to get more prepared for anything that might come up. I do have some skills and I use them now in my every day life. I make my own soap, laundry soap, and butter. I can make chain mail and tan hides. That's not all but I'm sure you have better things to do than read a long list.

2. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

SCAdian? welcome!

3. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Hello Turtle

lol SCA. Yes many years ago. In the 70s. A friend taught me how to make it. It has more uses than just armor.

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME,:welcome: catsraven from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

5. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Good to see you on...

the board. Sound like you've done some interesting things. I'd love to hear more about them.

6. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I figured. There's a relatively small group of people that enjoy making metal armor anymore. I've actually been pretty surprised to find that there are not more SCA folks involved in prepping; seems that getting away from modern trappings and living closer to the land would appeal to more SCA folks. And from the 70s? So you were there at the ground floor, eh? I haven't been active in several years, myself, but I still enjoy the idea. I have actually been thinking of joining ARMA, as the martial arts aspect of the SCA was a large part of what drew me there in the first place.

7. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Hello bunkerbob
    I love the ant and grasshopper story too. I like the modern version as well. It is so true.

Hello mosquitomountainman
    interesting things? Well yes I think so too. They most likely will come up in some conversation.

Hello again Turtle
    SCA was fun until all the politicking made it unbearable for me. I still enjoy the idea. I do still have some garb and I go to Renaissance fairs. It reminds me of what SCA started out to be and should have been.

8. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I don't do the dress up but I like going to the Greater Pgh ren faire. It's pretty close to me, right off I70 at the rte 31 exit. A couple of my friends from college work at La Forge, which is a knife maker/seller featured there. Cool place.

Anyhow, welcome catsraven.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  9. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome!:wave:

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

11. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Thanks for the welcome. :2thumb: