Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone's well on the 4th, seemed like a befitting day to join!

Looking forward to talking with others on prepping apartment style.

Thanks and everyone take care.:beercheer:

Rich

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apt. Preppers

Thanks, and appreciate it!
Anyone else on the list have opinions for making due with apt living and prepping? Finding like minded folks in the city, especially in Texas, would be great.

Rich

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

There's quite a few members in Texas, so you're in good company. As for apartment living, forum member James Black has made some interesting posts, especially about his "garden" grown in buckets on his balconay!

Lots of city people on here, too. You should feel right at home, nice mix of people here.

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Welcome...glad you're here. I 'm starting to think that most of the people on here are from Texas!! lol, not really, but there are a lot....much fewer of us on the west coast...........I don't know anything about prepping in an apt. but I know you have come to the right forum to find out! Happy 4th!! :2thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This discussion just reminded me of when Ike hit here. The apts happened to be (what I figured) on the same grid as the hospital across the street and police station around the corner. I know each probably has it's own backup generators but the area's electricity rebounded quickly compared to others...

Any thoughts on this or were we just lucky?

Thanks and everyone have a good day.

Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only real experience I feel I can offer so far is in my work field which is orthopedic physical therapy. Ask away on that one if you like. Starting to consider other prep endeavors though such as a technician license for amateur radio. My Dad and I used to listen in on the world and I watched as he amassed QSL cards from everywhere. Even helped him put together some rigs but mostly crawled on the floor looking for those tiny little components he'd drop.

It seemed logical and fun at some point to pursue this and help keep folks informed.
I've ordered a tech study manual but need to connect with local hams as well. Will let you know how this goes. Trying to chew this slowly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts