Great video...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by bunkerbob, Jul 14, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Just had this video sent to me... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVAhr4hZDJE"]YouTube - We The People[/ame]

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Gave me goosebumps! What a great rallying call!

When do we start? At what point will it be more than "talk"?

What straw will break the camel's back?

I hope I have the courage I'd like to think I have, when the time comes.

3. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Great video, but it really irks me that people seem to forget that while obummer is a moron and is doing nothing for this country, he did inherit a country with all the freedoms this video implies. Remember Bush Jr. enacted the patriot act, supported torture, the invasion of other countries for false reasons and while obummer is not deviating from that course it is unfair to fully blame him for only continuing the status quo which we have allowed to happen for decades.
    In Frith,
    Devin

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Regardless what Obama inherited as President, I haven't seen much effort on his part to truly consider the American people. What I've seen him do is push Stimulus/Debt onto us, sue a state that got tired of the federal government NOT enforcing existing laws (Arizona should sue THEM for not doing their job!), and spread the war into another country (yeah, I know we were "sort of" already in Afghanistan, but not like we are now, and will be!).

mn_homesteader, is your point that just because there were already problems when Obama took office we should just say "oh well" and do nothing?

Okay, I'll say it: IT'S NOT ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!

Now can we quit finger-pointing and work on a solution? Staying quiet because it "might not be all Obama's fault" isn't going to change anything.

5. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Agreed GS, that we need a solution and need to speak out, but videos like this along with some of the other TP propaganda makes it out that before O there were never bailouts, stimulus packages, invasions of other countries, etc.

We need to realize the problem is not the man, woman, or the office, but the ideas they have and that O, Bush, Clinton, etc. are/were nothing but faces and the real problem is much larger than that and removing O for Palin, etc, or another liberal will not change anything that. I think O has proven that and I only hope people see it for what it is finally and there is no difference between O, Bush, or any of the other politicians. We are too big and need have the fat removed which IMHO means splitting the country into smaller parts. And no, I do have the answers on how, where, etc. to do that splitting.

6. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

Great post! I hope whoever is elected in November can stop the government intrusion and spending. But I'm not hopeful. We need more outspoken people like Palin and Arizona's governor. I'm sick of a$$ kissing politicians (like my senators).

7. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

i agree with mn_homesteader, as to the systemic nature of the problem, and that much like rome had a difficult time due to the vast nature of their empire, we have a similar problem with the vast nature of our country. Though I would not support splitting the union. It's based on trust really, the american people can't trust the powers that be because every time they do, they are faced with the harsh reality that change is slow and most times you don't see it until after the current PTB are out of office.

people want change right? but they want that change to be quick and noticeable, and I think that is asking too much.

america is a cruise ship trying to turn in a creek, it takes a lot of money, effort, and time, and when you're done you find out you meant to go the other way instead:gaah:

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I read recently that a multi-culteral nation that doesn't assimilate can't survive. We're seeing some of that in the U.S. now. If we can't find a way to bring a peace and become one nation again, we have big problems ahead. "United we stand, divided we fall". When it's considered awful to display the American flag at any time (Cinco de Mayo or not!) because it might offend some Mexicans (here on our OWN AMERICAN SOIL!!!), then I'd say we do have problems.
    Can there be a peace? :dunno: