Great Score Today

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Frugal_Farmers, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

Scored three 6' tall steel shelves today from a local thrift store for a grand total of $4.00. They have five shelves. Another great addition to help store all of our preps.

Have previously scored shelves from stores going out of business. There are lots of great deals on shelving for your preps out there--just look around. You will be surprised want you will find for dirt cheap. Money saved on reclaimed shelves can be put to additional preps.

2. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

:beercheer: Awesome!

3. JustCliff

JustCliff Supporting Member

Great deal! Now... See if you can fill them up for that! :D

4. Frugal_Farmers

Frugal_Farmers Good ole country folk

Haha--I think you would be surprised at just how crafty we are at finding rock bottom deals, getting stuff for free, and trading eggs and fresh veggies. You would also be surprised at how many people are willing to get rid of what they consider to be junk. Remember--being frugal is the key.

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

That's great, Frugal Farmers. We got a couple shelves at Ikea a couple years ago, before we'd even heard of prepping. They're wood, and you just get whatever shelves, uprights, and corner shelves you need and they screw together with small lag bolt type screws, which are included. I bought them because a friend did some research on them and the shelves were cheaper than buying the equivalent wood (new) and building them yourself. It holds a lot of weight, too.

Since then almost all of our shelving has been bought used or home built. I just threw this out there as another option for someone who may not have time to scrounge or horsetrade or may not be able to build shelves themselves.

I'm with you, though...I'd rather make, make do, or do without than buy all kinds of new stuff.