Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a lurker for awhile, but thought this article was interesting to post. My favorite part about the article though were the comments from readers at the bottom. I didn't once see anyone say anything remotely close to... keep the government running :congrat: I can remember when this happened years ago. Before I was in the military. I lived in a military town though, and all the soldiers that couldn't pay their bills and buy food for their kids. It was sad. And here we are again.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The folks in Washington should be the ones to do without their pay until they get a budget set. Why should they get paid for not doing their job?

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
A separate bill was passed to keep the military paid for the remainder of the fiscal year in the event of a government shutdown. Obama has vowed to veto it, calling it a 'distraction.'

How come there's so very little press on this? (that was sarcasm, not a real question. ;) )

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Can't pay em, bring em home!

·
Registered
444 Posts
With this ********, maybe our troops will walk off the job. I mean how bad is it that folks who risk their lives everyday will not be able to feel their families.
Both sides on this are a bunch of sh!twads and need to be kicked to the curb, forcibly if required per the Constitution.
Men and women in uniform would be expected to serve as usual, but their paychecks would be delayed until the shutdown is over.

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
The troops would be paid (fiscal year) with the passage of the CR bill that's already passed the house:

FOXNews.com - White House renews veto threat against troop funding bill - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

House passes one-week budget bill; Obama vows veto - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Shutdown Showdown: Speaker Boehner Calls on Senate to Pass Short-Term Extension - The Note

While I'm not in favor of CRs in general (we need to cut spending, period, done), I am in favor of keeping the military paid and out of this.

·
Retired Army
320 Posts
This happened once when I was on Active Duty. My bank (can't remember which one) offered every direct depost service member free overdraft up to the amount of their last paycheck as a service to their members till their next paycheck.

You don't see any banks stepping up today.......

To have our kids in uniform live paycheck to paycheck (or none) while serving in war zones is criminal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts