Good deal? or not so?

Discussion in 'Equipment & Survival Kits' started by HozayBuck, May 3, 2010.

1. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Some of the patrols at the spring camporee at scout camp had these this weekend, seemed to work well, but were a little on the small side.

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

If you want a pocket-saw to take care of small branches - that would do the trick. The price is comfortable.

Personally - I prefer having a bow-saw with a few spare saw-blades like the one pictured below (just some random picture I snagged off the net). My bow-saw has easily sliced-n-diced 6x6 posts, small trees, etc.

Attached Files:

3. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Very nice. I've got one fairly similar to yours, Naekid - works great.

4. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

I got one just like that with three extra blades.:2thumb:

5. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Attached Files:

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Bob - when I was still a wee-one, my dad had that same style of saw that we took with us when we bush-wacked cross-country skiied (vs trail-running). We used that kind of saw many (MANY) times. My dad even sew'd up a vinyl casing for it to keep it wrapped up and together when strapped to the side of the pack. (My dad used to own / operate a vinyl repair business fixing car seats, house and office chairs, sofa's, etc).

7. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Funny, a friend's ex-wife's dad is the one who designed that saw!

8. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

What's funny is I have one of each !! but I don't have the one that I asked about, was thinking for my BOB... nothing screams "PEOPLE" like the sound of an ax chopping wood..IF your in hide mode, of course if ya are a fire may not be the best idea..

This little saw would handle what we call Squaw wood real easy ...

9. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Isn't it a small world.