Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hmm good point. Well the way i see it it is either the green men or god and im probably screwed either way.
FWIW, no one is "screwed" who believes (prepare yourself for me to get preachy). Faith requires nothing more than hearing the word of God and choosing to believe. It does not require church attendance, it does not require denominational membership, it does not require Sunday school or confirmation, it does not require confession, it does not require absolution, it does not require you bake cookies for the bake sale or put $$$ in the collection plate. It also does not require you to live a perfect sinless life or to live up to some imaginary impossible standard. Yet the benefits of faith are beyond what I could possibly write on a forum post and have you or anyone else perceive. When one experiences those benefits and blessings suddenly it's not a matter of choosing to believe it's a matter of falling to your knees and praising God. Faith comes from hearing the Word of God. True belief comes from experiencing the Glory of God. And once you have you can never deny His existence. God is good. ALL of the time. If it is not good, then it is not God. It is not about you, it is about Him and what He has done for you and continues to do for you. Believe and receive.

And those little green men, if there are little green men, they were made by God too. :)

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Very well said, as it's nothing that we do or , have done, or can do, that gives us this faith,

It's what HE (God) God did,
He gave Jesus (the only sinless man ever ) to the world to die and redeem us from our iniquity and sin.

It takes faith to accept Gods word.

I get a little preachy too.:)

Jim

·
Registered
0 Posts
FWIW, no one is "screwed" who believes (prepare yourself for me to get preachy). Faith requires nothing more than hearing the word of God and choosing to believe. It does not require church attendance, it does not require denominational membership, it does not require Sunday school or confirmation, it does not require confession, it does not require absolution, it does not require you bake cookies for the bake sale or put $$$ in the collection plate. It also does not require you to live a perfect sinless life or to live up to some imaginary impossible standard. Yet the benefits of faith are beyond what I could possibly write on a forum post and have you or anyone else perceive. When one experiences those benefits and blessings suddenly it's not a matter of choosing to believe it's a matter of falling to your knees and praising God. Faith comes from hearing the Word of God. True belief comes from experiencing the Glory of God. And once you have you can never deny His existence. God is good. ALL of the time. If it is not good, then it is not God. It is not about you, it is about Him and what He has done for you and continues to do for you. Believe and receive.

And those little green men, if there are little green men, they were made by God too. :)
What if those little green men are god? I do have faith it's just in something different than you. Granted i don't believe in god but i do admire your heart and your faith. As much as i am anti-religion if it gives some peace and comfort than my opinion if it doesn't really matter.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts