Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
That video doesn't surprise me at all!!!

:gaah:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I prefer to keep mine and myself safe, we'll rely on the Lord!

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
They'd either salute me or shoot me.:dunno:

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
meh, the technology needed to "read" minds is at least two decades off. Even the most highly detailed fMRI scans only hint at thought, like shadows on a cave wall, and their accuracy over repeated tests is faulty at best.

as a side question, I've noticed you guys say goberment, gubermint, gub'ment, and similar words to describe the government. Why this bastardization? Is it merely a sign of disrespect? Is it an allusion to some other insidious force? Or is it an example of living life without the need of education?

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
meh, the technology needed to "read" minds is at least two decades off. Even the most highly detailed fMRI scans only hint at thought, like shadows on a cave wall, and their accuracy over repeated tests is faulty at best.

as a side question, I've noticed you guys say goberment, gubermint, gub'ment, and similar words to describe the government. Why this bastardization? Is it merely a sign of disrespect? Is it an allusion to some other insidious force? Or is it an example of living life without the need of education?
Not at all... if you listen to someone from the "Deep South" speak, the word "government" comes out as either "guvment" or "gubment". No disrespect is intended, that's just the way their vernacular pronounces it.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
so is that it then? allusion to a southern twang? reminds me of All the King's Men (original, not the lame new edition)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts