Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In his exposé last night of George Soros and what inflation will do to us did any of you catch the prices mentioned. Tiller and seeds are ready for next year because if this is true we will be feeding ourselves.

·
Shoots to Thrill
125 Posts

Not sure if it's covered here, but it came from food price inflation estimates that came out yesterday from the National Inflation Association.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took notes from Glenn's show

Beck: Five Step Plan - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Not sure if it's covered here, but it came from food price inflation estimates that came out yesterday from the National Inflation Association.
Here is the website that Glenn quoted food prices from: National Inflation Association
Corn (per ear) = $11.43
Wheat Bread (per loaf) = $23.05
Sugar (32 oz.) = $62.21
Soy Milk (32 oz.) = $24.31
Orange Juice (64 oz.) = $45.71
Hershey's Chocolat Bar (1.55 oz.) = $15.50

I hope this helps

·
Registered
252 Posts
between tax increases, health insurance increases, and inflation, weven if there is no hyper inflation of economic collapse, people will need to garden. That means possible seed shortages this spring.
In the meantime, prep all you can so you have a buffer until that garden produces what you need!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Just cleared a bottom about 390' long and close to 200' wide, one sec for fuirt trees, already have apple,peach,pear,plum and two kinds of walnut. I have doing the shopping for years and i have seen the rise before me. Spikes although small many and frequent. Its a coming when i know not but it has already started. :(

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
health insurance increases - Got ours today ... :mad: ... to keep what we have... add 60 percent ...

Not going to happen ... If we get sick ... I'm sending the bill to Obama ... just the way it is ...

It has started ... take it as you will ...

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
How many times do I have to tell you folks? There is no inflation. The .gov says so. :nuts: Do you really think they would lie to us. They have everyone's best interests at heart ya know. :rolleyes:

BTW Has anyone else noticed the $0.15 increase in gas in the last 10 days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
get used to it

i guess i'm going to have to eat those turnips is have in sand buckets after all. and i better go get the beets and get them canned. the hoppers didn't leave much above ground. and i better buy a ton of feed while i still can. won't hurt to pick up another 20# of sugar, and order my garden seeds early. i did buy extra garlic bulbs, dom't think that prechopped chinese stuff at wally world will be there or afordable next yr. are you guys doing concrete stuff? a tired old lady

·
a dude
654 Posts
Whether one agrees with Glenn Beck or not, and whether one accept the NIA estimates or not, perhaps putting away a bit of flour and condensed or powdered milk is a good idea. It always is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
medical

and get over the luxury of drs on call, or hospital, how you going to get there or pay for them. can you tell the difference between flu and strep throat. do you have any homeopathics, herbals, regular supplies? what did grandmas do? she sure didn't run to town for every sore throat. Do you have safe drinking water. do you know the greatest health advance was an outhouse, untill then they threw everything in the streets and walked in it. do you even have a wash basin and know how to make some basic soap? what are you going to do when someone falls and a bone is obviously broken but there is no where to go or anyone that knows what to do? for gosh sakes, getsome training and some books instead of discussing what insurance you have and what the gov is going to do. they don't give a shit, it is going to be up to you. a tired old lady

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
do you even have a wash basin and know how to make some basic soap?
Soap Making Takes Three Basic Steps

1.Making of the wood ash lye.
2.Rendering or cleaning the fats.
3.Mixing the fats and lye solution together and boiling the mixture to make the soap.

You can read the entire process here

·
Registered
638 Posts
health insurance increases - Got ours today ... :mad: ... to keep what we have... add 60 percent ...

Not going to happen ... If we get sick ... I'm sending the bill to Obama ... just the way it is ...

It has started ... take it as you will ...
You know that is a fine idea there, everyone that was roto rooted by that mess, which is everyone should send a copy of their medical bill to the whitehouse in obomas name. Millions of bills would make a huge statement, great idea. :2thumb:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
How many times do I have to tell you folks? There is no inflation. The .gov says so. :nuts: Do you really think they would lie to us. They have everyone's best interests at heart ya know. :rolleyes:

BTW Has anyone else noticed the $0.15 increase in gas in the last 10 days.
Noppers - I have noticed that since the high in the summer that the price has dropped. In the NW end of town it was down to $0.905 / litre from a high of $1.15 ... :2thumb:

My corner of town it is sitting at $0.925 / litre, so, I can save two cents by driving 25km's to the other side .. (ya, still in the town limits, far north-end to far sout-end is just under 50 miles or 70kms).

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Obama said he wants to double exports over the next 2 yrs. How do you do that? Well what happens when your Dollar is devalued? People overseas buy your stuff because it's cheap (on sale) compared to theirs. How do we devalue our Dollar? We print money--Quantitative Easing. 600 billion is just the initial that will be over a trillion this time around. They're already talking about QE III. It's done in phases so you tolerate it better.
So at home it takes more money to buy stuff. They don't care about you anymore than they cared about illegals buying $400K+ houses. This is the new economy where your credit worthiness name means nothing unless your name is Dollar. Just borrow and spend and you're good for them.

They're intentionally driving down the Dollar. That's the currency war you've heard mentioned. That's their god.

Oh yeah, the banks are paying themselves bonuses to the tune of 1/8th of all the money in existence this year. That's your antchrist. Not the politicians. Obama didn't win a Noble for economics. He's instructed on what to do.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.