Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ... it has not one thing to do with our fourm ... kind of a off topic thing. (for fun and info )

I have a ghost in my house ... not sure "WHO" yet ... but working on that. I have started a "Ghost Notes" that would be dates and times ... my ghost acts up.

He/she is not a bad ghost ... but just someone that whats me to know they are there ... ...

Which is kind of cool ...

So do you have ghost story to tell??????

We started a ghost thread in the MID-ATLANTIC group and thought I would also ask here ...:ghost:

How many folks have a ghost story to tell ... :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
In my religion of Asatru, we have wights including house wights, land wights, etc. who we make offerings to, so they stay happy and help us. For example, if I misplace something, I will leave an offering of mead and food for the wights and almost always I find my misplaced item. We make offerings to the land wights to entice them to help us with a good harvest, and so.

Maybe you have a wight in the house.

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
No ghosts here. Andi, how many years have you lived in your house, and how old is it? I would be checking into a house history/genealogy of sorts - you know, who's lived in the house, did anyone die there, etc. I used to do a lot of genealogy and love that sort of thing.

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
I'm gonna be a little serious... This ghost doesn't do anything physically, like touch you or hit you or slap you?

:scratch

no ghosts here, new house and no know burial grounds from civil war etc.

Although I have seen one when I was younger. he was outside by our pond. I find out years later that three families before us had a son drown in our pond, he was a teen...not funny! We moved from there my senior year of high school, that was the one and only time I saw him.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My house is insane. I'm glad someone brought up ghosts :)
My bedroom is the most active. I've been petted, my toes have been grabbed, items in my bedroom will wander and reappear where I had left it days later, sometimes there will be whistling, my bed will shake... Not like a earthquake type shaking but a swaying motion as if someone was repeatedly standing next to the bed and bumping their knees into it.

The list goes on and on...

·
Registered
532 Posts
My house is insane. I'm glad someone brought up ghosts :)
My bedroom is the most active. I've been petted, my toes have been grabbed, items in my bedroom will wander and reappear where I had left it days later, sometimes there will be whistling, my bed will shake... Not like a earthquake type shaking but a swaying motion as if someone was repeatedly standing next to the bed and bumping their knees into it.

The list goes on and on...
Just face it...someone thinks you are a cutie!!

·
Noob
764 Posts
We have lived here for 25 years. The wife and kids saw something of a non threatening nature for years. After we remodeled they never saw it again.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My home is and the funny thing is-Mr. ghost only likes to pick on me... This is my family home and I have known about him since I was young...
The latest thing he has done is put my keys away and he keeps shutting shower curtain.. I hate having the curtain closed so I always make sure that I push it allll the way open and about once a month or so I will be the only one here and I'll go right back into the bathroom after my shower in the morning to find the curtain closed. I just holler out "haha very funny you know that I like it open!" and things will be calm for a few days... I have always felt comforted by mr. ghost and have never been scared at all.
The keys thing started after I kept putting them down and forgetting where the heck I put them! So my mother got me a key rack that we put up by the door. For a while it took me some doing to remember to hang them up.. So I started saying to myself--hang up your keys hang up your keys... I came home from dropping off my son at school(he missed the bus) and I put the keys on the babies highchair and went to take a shower-I know where I put them cuz I said to myself "self the keys are on the babies highchair don't forget".. I get out of the shower and get dressed to get ready to head out to the store and go to the high chair and NO KEYS!:eek: I start looking around and check under the chair, after all we do have cats they might have been playing on the chair. Then I look at the wall by the door and right there on the key rack are the keys! Not on the hook I use(yes we all have our own hooks) but on the rack.. So now if I lose something I look first where it should be just in case he has put it back where it is supposed to be.

Oh and the reason I know it is a he is because when I was younger I would feel like I wasn't alone in the house and you would smell this light manly cologne smell.. I found that smell at an old pharmacy once--Old Bay Rhum hair shaving stuff.. I still like that smell... I hope that my ghost always feels that this is his house too.:D

·
Meoww
643 Posts
YES WE HAVE GHOSTS. Yes that's plural. Its not the house Its the land. Every one who lives up and down the street has a ghost story to tell.

WE see,hear,and smell them. We are touched. My bed vibrates. Things go missing and we will find them in another room a week or month later. Sometimes we will find it in the spot it was in some time later. I could go on and on. No they don't hit or harm in any way.
Am I scared? No, I love it. There is not a dull moment in the house when they start there antics.

·
I put SAs on IGNORE!
2,426 Posts
an employee of ours had a " ghost" and I put that in quotation marks because I think it was a demon...whole other topic...

he had been having things happen, but didn't get concerned until s uncle came over to visit with his girlfriend. the girlfriend immediately started feeling a smothering feeling and she couldn't breathe ....

he didn't say anything to his uncle or the girlfriend about his "ghosts". he told me about it and I armed him with some holy water, everything seems to be fine now.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Hope you don't mind Andi but since you asked out here in the open forum, I just going to copy my story from our group conversation.

A quick little history first.
My folks never bought a house until all (6) us kids were moved out. Growing up, I lived in 5 different houses; what are now referred to as a duplex. We always called it a half a double. I was 19 when I made my last move with them. This was during the late 70's, early 80's recession. Shortly after the move I was layed off. There wasn't a job to be found in the entire county. Unemployment locally was near 25%. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time at home reading, gardening and teaching myself to play guitar. Now spending so much time alone during the day in a quiet house, I got to know all the little creaks and groans you hear in an old house. One day I had spent a couple hours in my little garden which I had to fight to get. The folks didn't like the idea of digging up the nice lawn. :rolleyes: I came in to get a drink and put another album on(I had the speakers in the open window so I had music while gardening). Now comes the fun part...

I got my drink, walked into the living room, was changing the record when all of the sudden the toilet flushed. My first thought was; someone had come home while I was out back and I hadn't noticed. No biggie. I put the music on and was expecting someone to come downstairs so I waited a minute to see who was home. No one came. :confused: Now I have a queasy feeling in my stomach. I walked to the bottom of the steps and listened. No sounds. Queasy now turns to uneasy. My first thought is; there's a burglar in the house. I holler up and ask " who's home". Nothing. My tension level is now rising as I slowly and quietly creep up the stairs. I very carefully look in the bathroom then proceed to check all 4 bedrooms. Nothing. Now I'm really confused. I head down the hallway to go back downstairs. At the top of the stairs I froze in terror as the cellar door opened and slammed shut. Keep in mind, I couldn't SEE the door. I just knew the sound it made when being opened and closed.

Now I'm convinced there is a burglar in the house. I slip into my bedroom and pull my shotgun off the wall, load it and proceed to creep back down. As I start down the stairs the cellar door opens and slams shut again. I'm fully expecting to meet someone trying to run out the front door as I'm walking down the stairs. Nothing. This is just too weird. :scratch I walk out to the kitchen, open the cellar door, turn on the light and slowly make my way down, with shotgun in hand of course. Nothing. I get ready to come back up when I hear water running in the pipes and water running down the drain pipe. I run back up to the kitchen and hear the toilet filling up again. At that moment I realized... this house is haunted!

As the years passed and us kids got older we started sharing stories of The House on Hoffman Street. The 3 youngest didn't have any stories to relate and thought the the rest of us were nuts but eventually acknowledged that we couldn't all be making this up just to tease them. I'll never forget that day as long as I live.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We have been in our house for 18 years ... no one has passed over in the house. The land now is a different story ... living on the river we had a number of Native tribes to live in the area plus we have found different things from the civil war time set.

Asatru, we have wights including house wights ... your house wights sound very much like our house spirits... and yes, they are around but this 'is different' if you know what I mean.

My ghost/spirit has never done anything "BAD". The clock coming off the wall ... :eek: ... gave me a start the first time it happened... and after the third time, Well I didn't put it back up.

My hubbies side of the closet ... you can shut it and lock it, but go back 5 minutes later and it will be open ... :scratch So hubby will no longer bother to even shut the door on the closet ... He said, why bother if it is going to open on it's own. (which is true ... I guess)

The smell of Roses ... this one gives me the chills, for unknown reasons ... out of no where ... I get the smell of roses... No matter the time of year. The smell is 'very strong' ... Till I ask what they need and it is gone ...

Looking into ghost stuff ... I have started Ghost notes ... time and dates my ghost acts up ... hoping for and looking for clues ...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
smell of roses

In our family just about everyone(or myself) smells roses shortly before someone passes on. And yes we have ghosts. In a house that we rent out, several of the renters have seen or heard her. she sits in a rocker and all she ever does is rock. the only time she did something to one renter they moved out within three months. found out later they were not "good" people. The ghost of my father follows my handicapped son sometimes and will find things that he has lost.

·
446 Posts
I've heard stories about them from my maternal grandfather, mom, and her sisters (originally country folks). When I was about 12-13 I saw a glowing man-shaped figure walk across our backyard. :eek:
On a sadder note, about this time last year my mother was dying from liver cancer. She was living with us in our spare bedroom. Our bedroom was upstairs and as she had gotten too weak to call out if she needed something, I started sleeping on the LR couch so I could hear her (I am a VERY light sleeper). Several days before she passed, I woke up about 3 in the morning. From where I was on the couch, I was looking into the dining room. A black shape in the general shape of a tall person was standing just inside the DR doorway (I'm guessing over 6 1/2 ' as it was close to the top of the 7' doorway) and appeared to be looking at me. I wasn't scared for some reason (we have an alarm system on the house) and when I blinked, it was gone. Angel of Death? I don't know. :dunno: Our house was built in '85 and we were the first full-time occupants when we bought it in '89 (first owner only had a couch and a bed here and only stayed here every once in a while). My wife won't come out and say it, but I don't think she's comfortable in that room but it doesn't bother me. I actually have a peaceful feeling when I go in there.

Tim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Our ghost is a man, we bought this house in 1976 , from almost day one my kids started seeing things, but I passed it off as kids sillyness. but when I moved the bed about 5 months later , from the window for the winter time , I would wake up an our ghost setting on the foot of our bed about 2-3 time a week, I could feel him setting down an the weight of him allways on my side of the bed, I got so used to it I just move my feet when he wants to set down, but come summer when I moved the bed back to the window , never once does he set to rest.
For some reason kids detect him better then adults, for once when my son was home from school ( spring break ) I come home from work early , there set my son in the living room , white as a ghost himself an was speachless, said a mam just walked threw here, said I could see right threw him , son was age 11, anouther time grandson was coming out of the bedroom an happened to look up the stairs, yelled for me an said there was a man up there. said he had a gun with aknife on the end an an a hat with cross bones on it an real old clothes , grandson was age 5 , anouther time anouther grand son age 4 , we were setting at the table when I sean a light flash like when the sun kits a windshiel, well grandson says "who that grandma?? "I said I didn't see any one,, but grandson said "grandma he just walked threw here,", a second later grandson said , "there he goes grandma see him now.".. going therw the same door way my 11 year old has seen him come threw years before..but all my kids can tell there own stories an course several of the grand kids, but he must of be a good ghost for we have never feared him. And one of our dogs see him all the time for he will look an his eyes will follow some thing like some one walking there the house, but the dog will look at me an I can see the baffled look in the dog eyes like he is asking" What is that ??"

Years ago this was not at our house but we stopped at a yard sale, gettting out of the car my eyes was drawed up to a second floor window of a very old house. , clearly the people didn't used the second floor for it had shabbly curtins an a couple window glass pains boarded up ,
but a lady was standing in the window, I knew she was my great grand mother. course I froze an my husband had to pull on me asking what was wrong, I was speach lees, an we proceded to go to the sale , but returning to the car I looked an looked an she was gone. but being I had done genealogy work on my family I wrote a uncle an told him who i saw an describe the lady an he said yes , it was his grand mother that she had died when he was about 5 yeas old an the house we were at he remembered will for there farm was just over the hill. Said the thought his grand ma had died while living at the farm an he had no idea why I would of seen here there, he was to young to remember if other family lived there.. but I have passed that house a several times threw the years an I allways look up in hope to se my gr, grand mother but I have never seen her again, oh this gr grand mother would of died 30 years before I was born.. but my gr grand mother must of been a very loving lady for I had felt a warm loving feeling like no other time in my life.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We stopped at an antique store the other day. (an old house someone was renting and filled with junk ~ some antiques but for the most part "junk" :rolleyes:) I found an Vintage Oak Hoosier cabnet, it was almost perfect ... (if you over looked all the little nails, the lady renting had put in it to hang junk from. :gaah:)

It was not for sale, the lady told me. I told my husband someone was rolling over in their grave because their cabnet and all the nails in it ...

I turned and saw a lady in a picture ... (I thought) ... Her grey hair in a bun, white shirt and the top of a blue skirt. School teacher, came to my mind. ~ She just had that look about her. As I looked at her, she melted away as her son opened the door. ~ I know it was her son, he looked just like her ... What I had thought was a picture was the top glass of a door, in which I could only see that part of.

The look on my face must have been something else. lol He told me he knew he was not a pin-up-boy, but he didn't think he was that bad ... :eek:

My husband ask him about the cabnet, wood cook stove and a few other things but they were his late mothers and he would not part with them. I started once to tell him about seeing his mom ... but thought better of it. ;)

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Most ghosts are aspects of a persons life that get left behind accidentaly when they leave this plane of existance, most will leave if you tell them to . "look for the light, and go into it", others are guardian or guide type that come to help.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts