Getting older is paying off.

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Clarice, May 4, 2011.

1. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

I guess getting older is finially paying off. Ordered our lifetime Hunting & Fishing license today. The total cost for DH & I only $71. We have been paying $35 each for a one year license.

2. Kai22

Kai22 Well-Known Member

wow that's great! Mine cost me $44, plus another $45 for bird validations! Plus the fishing license is another $45!

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

:congrat: yer OLD!

:lolsmash:

jk ;)

side note: does ANYONE know ANYONE who has ever been asked to produce a fishing license?

4. Dixie

Dixie Well-Known Member

Oh Yeah, but we're in Ga. Rangers have checked us out several times.

5. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

They check in my area too. Congrats on the great price! I know my 15 yo DS is asking for money hand over fist for all of his license!

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Here in Va. as long as we hunt/fish our own land ... No Hunting & Fishing license needed. (which I love) ...

And YES ... side note: does ANYONE know ANYONE who has ever been asked to produce a fishing license... We were ask, our last fishing trip!... to the bay ... They checked license and live well ... for the fish we had ... ;)

7. Kai22

Kai22 Well-Known Member

Yes, all the dang time. Up until last year we actually had to display them on our person.

8. BillM

BillM BillM

Yep !

Yep, I have been asked many times. The question is usually proceeded by , "Hi, are you having any luck?"

9. The_Blob

aahhh... I think I've never been asked because I am mobility impaired... well isn't that just a cute-as-can-be way of saying 'gimpy" :rolleyes: :D

10. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Yes to both, will be 66 soon and we are required to have our license with us when we fish.

11. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

Fishing license is free in RI if you are disabled. :)

12. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

How to know...

I thought that I might be getting old when I was invited to join the AARP...:confused:

I knew I was getting old when I accepted their invitation and joined...:(

Then the teenage boys started calling me "Sir", and the teenage girls started holding the door for me, I knew that I was just over the top of the hill and starting the downward slide! :eek:

But when I started getting the senior discounts without asking for them, I knew that I should look for a suitable bucket for future kicking! :cry::D

13. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I have never been asked to show my fishing licence - I keep it nice-n-dry in a little zip-lock wallet just in case someone ever decided to check on it ..

If I remember right, my licence last year cost me $14 ...

14. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

My limited fishing license is $15 all inclusive is $28-I never get out on the big lakes anymore so I don't need the big salmon/trout sticker. But I only have to add that sticker if I get the chance to go out on the big lake.
    And I have been asked for my license a few times in my life and they checked the stringer and buckets too.
    But I gotten the Sr. discount in restaurants and stores when I am with my mother-I don't color my hair and it is a glorious white/silver/light auburn and folks just assume I am my mothers younger sister.. she shows her discount card and they assume I am just a bit younger than her and bingo! I get the discount. I figure that if they aren't gonna ask then their loss.

15. The_Blob

I've had 'premature grey' hair since I was 16 :lolsmash: now it's a bit salt & peppered, I walk with a cane... by the time I'm 30 it might all be silver! :eek:

yes, I take advantage of discount tickets at the movies too :p