Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
unfortunately the barebones 16' unit (frame + cover only) is $1700+

many of the peripherals are overpriced (like they bought them retail & then marked them up to cover expenses)

and the frame may stand up to 147 mph winds but they give no actual numbers for the polymer cover :(

·
Sr. Homesteader
437 Posts
Apartment buildings will most likely not stand against EF3 or higher tornadoes. In an apartment building, the safest spot would be the lowest level possible and in an interior room.
Why would you put a geodesic tent up inside an apartment building???

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
Looking at the size, options and price, I think I'll stick with a 4-season base-camp tent.

I picked up a Ferrino Base Camp tent that's 4-season and 14' diameter so it's just a little smaller then the dome, but at $550, it's only 1/3 of the price

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking at the size, options and price, I think I'll stick with a 4-season base-camp tent.

I picked up a Ferrino Base Camp tent that's 4-season and 14' diameter so it's just a little smaller then the dome, but at $550, it's only 1/3 of the price

How long would you be staying in it?
When I bough my first North Face tent and broke out the instructions. It said. "Do not set up in direct sun light" UV light can eat tent fabric up in as little as two months.

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
As long as needed...

It's made of Oxford Polyester which I believe is the same material used to make boat sails, backpacks... so I'd expect it to hold up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts