Gay Marriages in Iowa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by merlotmaker, Apr 30, 2009.

1. merlotmaker

merlotmaker Guest

I heard gay marriage has been legalized in Iowa?? Since when?

2. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Ask a gay person. From Iowa...

3. NYsurvivalist6

NYsurvivalist6 Guest

Talked about it in class.
    Who knows, who cares.

BTW-alot of states want to legalize it..like NY has been talk about it, as well as N.H.

4. Canadian

When will they legalize marriages between men and bull mastiffs? Can I marry my house plant and my salad bowl? Is that polygamy?

5. NYsurvivalist6

NYsurvivalist6 Guest

I want to marry my hand. Cause I know it wont cheat on me. Heh.

6. mandiex4

mandiex4 Mom of 4

okay, you guys crack me up

7. Canadian

Which hand? It's sister might get jealous.

8. Canadian

We've had gay marriage in Toronto forever. We also have the topless law that allows women to walk around topless whenever they want. In the summer I go down to church street to the dyke bars and watch the hot lesbians make out with each other topless in public. HOT!

9. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

As the moral fabric of our society decays stuff like this is bound to happen, :(civil unions yes, marriage never. Help I'm a bull dyke trapped in a mans body! :eek: Hey Canadian, count me in, I must be a lesbian, I like women too, Church St. huh, sounds like fun.:D

10. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

George Carlin was right when he said our society is swirling down the drain like so much dirty bathwater.

11. dyermaker

dyermaker Guest

Thank you, preparednesspro for being the only one to take this thread seriously. It's a big deal and it's great thing. It should be legal in every state because love is love.

Thanks for the article! I appreciate it and no I'm not even gay. I just care about equal rights.

12. Canadian

I had a co-worker who was a hard core dyke. She's the one who introduced me to dyke bars. Here's the story of how she did it:

It was the company Christmas party and it was at a restaurant (A Steak House) on Church street. We all spilled out into the street after the party and wanted to keep the party going. Someone said "We should go to a bar!" Everyone said "Yeah!" A female coworker (The Bull Dyke) said her favorite bar was right across the street. "Let's go!" everyone said.

Two minutes later we're in a Dyke bar called Tango's surrounded by lesbians making out on the dance floor topless. In my lesbian co-worker's mind the place was simply "a bar." In everyone else's mind it was "a gay bar." Sure it had drinks and a dance floor just like any other bar. However, the omission of a key detail caused problems that evening.

One worker who was a homophobe made some drunken remarks and almost got into a fight. He was fired the next day for discrimination against fellow employees. Another employee who was in the closet fled the scene for fear he would be outed in front of his straight co-workers by some people he knew in the area.

(On a side note the rest of the male employees loved it. The city had recently passed a law that allowed women to go topless in public. This meant almost every woman in the bar was naked from the waist up. The guys also liked the music and the cheap beer. One guy tried to organize a return visit for the next weekend since it was "better than any strip club in the universe! This place IS AWESOME!")

Hey cheap beer and naked women making out and no cover charge. It sure does beat any strip club I've ever been to. Plus a lot of the girls there are smoking hot.

13. dyermaker

dyermaker Guest

Wow! Hell of a story. Pretty crazy that something you can say outside of the office to a co-worker can later come back on you in the workplace. That's what happened right?

I think there is only one county you can go topless in here. Wish there were more! LOL

14. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Some of them might not have been girls their whole lives,

15. Ramkitten

Ramkitten Member

I agree. Maybe someday this won't even be discussed because it will be so common.

16. Canadian

I'm pretty good at spotting the tranny's. The key is to get them to talk. The voice is usually a giveaway. Also look at their arms. The jawline is also more pronounced on most men. There are quite a few in that area so if you're a straight male and you've had a few drinks you need to watch out. You might get a surprise.

17. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I personally think that ALL "marriage" should be kept as to their respective religious perview & be seperate from the government the legal aspects , recognized by the state, of "marriage" would be the civil union (or whatever). I just don't understand why a member of any religion would want to, by definition, condemn themselves to the negative aspects of their respective afterlife... this isn't true of all religions, so just convert to one of them you find philosophically agreeable in as many aspects as you can; because you can't make the argument that only PART of a particular faith applies, it either all does or none of it does. that's the problem with absolutism, but that's teh way it is.

18. Obsidian

Obsidian Guest

+1 on that!

19. Obsidian

Obsidian Guest

I misread your post and had to do a double-take. I thought you were saying that the law *required* women to go topless in Toronto. (Pack the bags! God save the queen. Aboot. Eh?)