Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the thread of sunsets and sunrises so here is one for wildlife and garden pictures.

mini waterlily-they are only the size of a quarter.

Yellow orb weavers that I let live in my garden, but never in my house!

Very rare and unusual tomato hornworm found in my garden one year-was almost cold that summer and hornworms will turn this color if hatching out in 40's.

Your turn!:wave:

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
The only pic I could probably get is someone taking a pic of me spreading Sevin dust...

Cool pics! My camera isn't even close to taking that quality of picture.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only pic I could probably get is someone taking a pic of me spreading Sevin dust...

Cool pics! My camera isn't even close to taking that quality of picture.
That is what a $1000 camera will do for ya! The only frivolous thing I bought with my settlement money. All the rest went to catch us up on bills and for extras like the new washer and dryer etc...

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
You take great pics Emerald, but the only good hornworm is a dead hornworm...we get them all the time and I take my scissors to the garden with me.......you can always tell where they are cuz there will not be a single leaf left on a tomato branch......hate those things.......grrrrrrrrr.
But...on the up note, great pics........I like this site........I'll add to it soon....I'm wanting to go fishing so I can add a picture of Lahotan cutthroat to my fishing page.........:D
I totally love your forum picture......the flower and frog. You said you had more of the little frog pics, I'd love to see those.........:congrat:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
but the only good hornworm is a dead hornworm...
I'll second that!!! I pulled a bunch off yesterday. The chickens seem to like them though. :D

And yes; very nice pics!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My chickens love them too-grand daughter can find them asap and she hates that they eat "her" tomatoes! She pulls them off with her bare little patties and runs them to the chicken pen.
This is the only other one I have put up online-gonna have to find the others.. it is like where's waldo-we look for him/her every year.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I love your pictures, Emerald! Really nice!

Here's an evening picture of the decorative windmill in my garden:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love your pictures, Emerald! Really nice!

Here's an evening picture of the decorative windmill in my garden:

It is so beautiful! and peaceful! I wanna see more!

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
My chickens love them too-grand daughter can find them asap and she hates that they eat "her" tomatoes! She pulls them off with her bare little patties and runs them to the chicken pen.
This is the only other one I have put up online-gonna have to find the others.. it is like where's waldo-we look for him/her every year.

how precious is that!! :congrat:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Um, well... this is my small wheat field. I plant a patch about 30' by 50'

-

These are some of my raspberry plants, which a couple dozen people on this forum got plants from this year!

-

Here's my cat helping me harvest carrots! I should have named him "Shadow"!

-

This is the lake by our house. Good fishing for perch and pike.

-

This was a picture of it back in the spring before the snow melted on the mountains

-

And this is a mommy moose and her baby by our house

-

Sorry about the big pictures. LincTex told me how to reduce them but I think I need one of my kids to help me! :D

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts

oh Gypsy, how beautiful it is............I'm so pleased that folks are sharing photos ..........I'm just learning how to care for raspberries but our plants are 3 yrs. old and we are actually getting berries this year.......... I loved the picture of the lake........I'll share one of the lake by our house one of these days soon, Now I'm going to show you a pic of a ground hog that was resting on the rocks today, they grow them fat up here!!!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Neldarez, that's an awesome picture! Of course I didn't know you have lakes in eastern Washington! :ignore: Just kidding.

What a cute little critter!

More pictures! I'm loving looking at the pictures you guys have posted!

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Neldarez, that's an awesome picture! Of course I didn't know you have lakes in eastern Washington! :ignore: Just kidding.

What a cute little critter!

More pictures! I'm loving looking at the pictures you guys have posted!
funny girl!!! I'm going fishing in the morning and I'm going to take a little detour so I can get you a picture of a gorgeous lake.......Omak Lake. Lahotan cutthroat trouts and where I see all the eagles. It's about 6 miles from my house. I know you were kidding, but we have SCADS of lakes, the Okanogan river runs right through our town and just 30 miles away it joins the Columbia. We have thick forest......here at our place it is sand, cactus, sagebrush, grease wood and rattlers...........wouldn't have it any other way!! 30 minutes tops from beautiful forest etc..........I'll hush now......:ignore:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
funny girl!!! I'm going fishing in the morning and I'm going to take a little detour so I can get you a picture of a gorgeous lake.......Omak Lake. Lahotan cutthroat trouts and where I see all the eagles. It's about 6 miles from my house. I know you were kidding, but we have SCADS of lakes, the Okanogan river runs right through our town and just 30 miles away it joins the Columbia. We have thick forest......here at our place it is sand, cactus, sagebrush, grease wood and rattlers...........wouldn't have it any other way!! 30 minutes tops from beautiful forest etc..........I'll hush now......:ignore:
Sounds like heaven! I can't wait to see the pictures.

I seriously didn't know you have greasewood this far north! I love the smell of the stuff (most people don't!), I think mainly because it reminds me of our adventures in southern Nevada when we snowbird part of the winter. I brought a bundle of it home this year so I could whiff it now and then, for memories!

I rode my bicycle from the coast to Montana a few years ago, and came through Okanogan (where I learned it's pronounced "Oak-ah-no-gehn"!). Don't know if I was along the river, but I followed Hwy. 20. Probably passed not far from you.

How far are you from blackberry-picking country? My daughter and I are going to drive over that way around the first of September-ish and pick blackberries, somewhere. I'm going to bring my outfitters stove, water bath canners, and jars and can them right where we camp.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
...I'm just learning how to care for raspberries but our plants are 3 yrs. old and we are actually getting berries this year.......... I loved the picture of the lake........I'll share one of the lake by our house one of these days soon, Now I'm going to show you a pic of a ground hog that was resting on the rocks today, they grow them fat up here!!!
I had to :lolsmash: @ the 'caring for raspberries' part because here we have to trim them back, but not nearly as much as the blackberries, which truly grow like weeds (I personally would have an entire yard full of 'blackberry patch' as a preference, except for the garden area, then I wouldn't have to mow ;) )!

I wish I had a good camera & a photobucket acct so I could show you goph-zilla, the matriarch that lives under my neighbors shed with her brood, she's so big I don't think she can stand on her hind legs!

P.S. our raspberries are black raspberries, are they hardier maybe? because they really are a great fruit source for my lazy self

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
I had to :lolsmash: @ the 'caring for raspberries' part because here we have to trim them back, but not nearly as much as the blackberries, which truly grow like weeds (I personally would have an entire yard full of 'blackberry patch' as a preference, except for the garden area, then I wouldn't have to mow ;) )!

I wish I had a good camera & a photobucket acct so I could show you goph-zilla, the matriarch that lives under my neighbors shed with her brood, she's so big I don't think she can stand on her hind legs!

P.S. our raspberries are black raspberries, are they hardier maybe? because they really are a great fruit source for my lazy self
goph-zilla huh!! lol.. my friend put in some black raspberries this year, mine are just regular. When I say caring for..........I'm learning ( kinda) how to trim them back and which ones not to! I have a lot of little ones come up and I dig them and put them in the row.........We had raspberries this year....enough that Chuck could have some every morn on his cereal. About gone now though

1 - 20 of 84 Posts