Future Fear

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Salekdarling, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

SBS Dateline | Future Fear

This is an article/video pertaining to us lovely preppers. The video will air on Dateline this Sunday at 8:30 PM. I don't have cable but I thought everyone else here would be interested in watching.

Cheers!

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I don't think most of us will be able to watch it. As best I can tell, it's an Australian station.

It looks like a site where you can watch the videos online, after the initial broadcast. Let's check into the site next week.

3. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

My mistake. I should have read into it more. That's a bit difficult with only having mobile internet. Look forward to hearing about it if anyone watches the video.

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Oh no, not a mistake, salek, we can still watch it on the 'net. That's even better since many of us have no cable/satelite for TV viewing!

We'd have never known about this show, so thanks for posting this. I plan to look it up after it airs. Looks like a good topic! :)

5. PS360

PS360 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting it, I don’t have cable/satellite either.

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I'm sorry, but I had to stop when the guy started talking about 'The Galactic Alignment'... :nuts:

no offense, don't want to start a flame war :sssh:

I'll watch it later, after I decompress

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Why do these tell the whole world what they have and what they're doing. :gaah:

8. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

Wow.... I dont really know what to say, other than I feel a little stupid watching this. It makes me feel as though I don't know anything about prepping. (Which then again their are so many topics within it that I don't).

the only thing he has thought about is getting to the bunker with his 3 days of food, a gun that will kill a deer at a mile, and his wife and kid. He hasn't really thought it through. I wonder what happens when everyone wants a ticket to the cruise ship?

9. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Uncle Joe, I agree with you. Why would anyone get on TV and show & tell? No one knows what we have stored and that's the way I plan to keep it. Everyone knows we can a lot of food but not to the extent that we do.

10. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

some misguided sense of 'teaching a man to fish' would be my guess... or hubris :nuts:

when I 'teach a man to fish' I want to know the person, WHO it is I am teaching & if it's worth my time

11. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

I have had a few women ask me to teach them how to can, but no one has shown up ready to go to work. Guess they really weren't that interested.

12. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

I think if we knew the details most of these "look at me I am ready for the end" people who tell the world what they are doing are "the latest fad type" and when the end that they forsee doesn't come when they decide that it should they abandon being ready and return to the sheeple fold. There is no point trying to "teach people to fish" unless they ask and still if you show a newbe all your "trophys and tackle" you just overwhelm them anyway. Kind of like "Survivor man" show people that a stupid whiner can survive after 2 or 3
    weeks of training by locals. :scratch
    Maybe the light will come on for a couple of people because of these broadcasts
    I have certainly noticed that a lot more people are aware that the infrastructure is fragile,but of these only a few feel that it is their responsiblity to get them selves ready

13. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

I haven't looked at the video yet but I agree. I've been following the Dervaes family for awhile now and know that if the SHTF, they will most likely be over run by sheeple. They live in Pasadena, Calif. and announce where they live. :nuts: Unless they have a BOL and can access it before any one realizes what's going on...good luck to them.