Frugal Squirrels

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by NavyKen, Sep 6, 2010.

1. NavyKen

NavyKen Active Member

Does anyone know what happened to the Frugal Squirrels web site? It appears to be gone. :confused:

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

My understaning be that there down for some sort a maintenance an will be back up.

3. snappy1

snappy1 Well-Known Member

Frugal's Forums

Try the direct route. Their domain name expired and they got slammed, but you can use the number to get in.

4. aluminum

aluminum Member

Well, if you can stomach/stay away from the religious fakes/frauds there, it is a decent forum......

5. NavyKen

NavyKen Active Member

I apologize for discussing a competitor thread here, I just didn't know of any other way of finding a status. What I do NOT want to do is discuss the merits of, quality/type of people or information found on said forum.:club:

6. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

never been there (yet) but sounds like a wise policy :beercheer:

7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I'm a one-forum gal! Nothing could be better, to me, than our family here at Prepared Society...for better or worse! :)

8. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

My understanding is that someone got their domain name but they are still there using the numerical ip address. If you frequent TTOL or BHM Forum I know they have both listed the address in threads today.

9. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

If you are a member, you should've gotten an email from the owner with the IP link.
    As for using only one forum, thats like reading only one book over and over and over ( bible is the exception lol). Diversity is much better. Some forums have members who are in the financial world and have better understanding of the goings on at WS. Other forums have members who are experts in fields that may not be represented on only one forum.

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Agreed!

I belong to several but I consider PS my home. :D

11. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

Years ago Frugals was THE preparedness site online, but they have changed format several times and the last time I tried to visit it was difficult to navigate so I never went back....

12. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

It's been yrs since I was there. They had a ton of well rounded useful links. Everything from home schooling to making moonshine to run your car. I'll have to look it up when I have a chance.

13. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

This is true! But our forum is like an encyclopedia of knowledge, covering many subjects, talents, abilities, etc. It's my favorite. I think we have LOTS of diversity. There is so much of interest here.

I do read other forums from time to time, as I come across links to them on searches, but none I've felt like I wanted to join. Truth be told, I'm too busy to get hooked on another "channel" too!

14. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Frugals is back up and chattering - the Squirrel Tree is intact. They are a good site for lots of info. Most of the harder core religious activity is confined to a few separate sub-forums.
    I peruse about five main 'prepper forums'. Each has it's vices and virtues. ;)