Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally joining a forum again! A little about me: I'm a young wife & mother whose husband has converted her into a prepper. It's slowly becoming more & more my lifestyle and I'm always looking to learn more and maybe even teach someone else a thing or two! I just started a blog (PreparednessMom's Adventures Into Prepping) to inspire my non-prepper friends. So, feel free to send any helpful information this way :)

See ya around :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome to the forums :wave:

·
Registered
314 Posts
WELCOME! Moms make the best preppers...we been doin it since our first little one was born! You learn quick how to expect the unexpected...

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

:)

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Nice blog, you've got a good start.

Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I checked out your site and I like it. I am currently struggling with storage for my preps. My house is very small with 1 closet. I have a building with a basement that leaks even with several coats of a water sealant. My home canned goods are stored on shelves in the basement, but I can't put purchased metal cans or paper goods down there. Got any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@LilRedHen: Have you tried a dehumidifier? Our basement was VERY wet, had mold, etc... and a dehumidifier cleared it right up. We are going to do some modifications before we build our pantry down there, though.

I checked out your site and I like it. I am currently struggling with storage for my preps. My house is very small with 1 closet. I have a building with a basement that leaks even with several coats of a water sealant. My home canned goods are stored on shelves in the basement, but I can't put purchased metal cans or paper goods down there. Got any ideas?

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Do you have a dehumidifier running in the basement? It's possible that might be able to keep the air dry enough to avoid having cans rust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As PreparednessMom said, a dehumidifier helps. BUT, the extra stuff she was talking about - Google a company called Basement Systems. They are nationwide and they have an excellent system. Keep in mind, its expensive, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
@LilRedHen: Have you tried a dehumidifier? Our basement was VERY wet, had mold, etc... and a dehumidifier cleared it right up. We are going to do some modifications before we build our pantry down there, though.
No, I haven't tried a dehumidifier. I may have to, though. Got to get a leak stopped first. In the spring, I have seen 9 to 10 inches of water in there with a 3 or 4 inch rain. Last week end it rained 7 inches over 3 days and no leak. I just don't understand it.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.