Freeze Dried Food Wanted

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by spacestuff4me, Nov 4, 2010.

1. spacestuff4me

spacestuff4me Active Member

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has freeze dried food that's near or exceeded the expiration date. I need a bunch of food that will be eaten this summer by a large scout camping trip.

Thanks, Ray

2. oraltool

oraltool Member

If you contact Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimmeron, NM they can help you. They are the largest producer of freeze dried meals in the country. They do work for other companies. They also have left over stuffs you can pick up. i'd call em If I were you. They know exactly what you need and they have it. It may not be cheap, but it will be done correctly and that is very important.

I am an Asst. Scout Master, Unit Commissioner, Eagle Scout, Wood Badge grad. and have been around the horn alittle. I know what I'm telling you is correct.

3. Austin11

Austin11 New Member

I dont have any freeze dried food but i do have this. If you are looking to buy a large amount i can work out a better price

Selling boxes of survival food..

There are 180 prepared meals in each box. Each meal consists of rice, soy, dry vegtables and chicken flavoring. The chicken flavoring contains many vitamins and the rice and soy is your protein, supplying all the essential amino acids the body needs to function. Each meal also contains your daily serving of vegtables. It has a very long shelf life..about 3-5 years depending on where it is stored.
    These meals have been packaged and shipped all over the world including Africa. These meals were used for Feeding Links for Kids, a non-profit organization. These meals are great for emergencies that might come up while driving, hiking or camping. and if you believe that the world is going to end in 2012 this would be a great investment.

To order or for more information call 434-249-0986. ask for Austin.
    price $100 per box

4. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

While not freeze dried,...dehydrated is inexpensive...

Isn't there some sort of merit badge related to food preps or something?

Wouldn't it be a neat project to have the kids harvest or buy veggies and meats, dehydrate the products, rehydrate and cook them???

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

Main Page - MeritBadgeDotOrg :dunno: