Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I bought some junk silver coins for about 6% over the spot price and that included the credit card surcharge. I bought them here:

90% SILVER Coins | Buy Mercury Dimes Online | $1 Face

My wife and I took a loan from her 401k. We bought prepping supplies and put the rest into in a gold account at bullionvault.com. Yes, I know the downside of not having physical gold. I like having it there because the gold is easy to sell. I'm more concerned with having enough money to live on in case my wife loses her job or my self-employment work dries up. In the meantime, gold is up by about $250 an ounce since I bought it in June.

At some point I'll have to transition into physical gold. I could buy other things but we live in a townhouse condo and we only have so much space so our excess savings will go into gold coins. I can't see buying 10,000 rounds of ammo. I wouldn't have room for 2,000 rolls of toilet paper either.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
To me, the million dollar question is, "How long will the collapse take once it starts?"
Are we looking at a sudden collapse of the dollar on one day and a complete SHTF world a month later?
Or are we looking at a series of economic and political shocks over a period of a two or three years?
If I knew that the final stage of the collapse would occur on November 29, 2011 I'd certainly change my spending patterns. I'd buy two of those 64 gig iPads and copy as many of my DVDs to them as possible. I'd go out to eat at nice restaurants about 4 or 5 nights a week. Might even take a nice vacation while we still could. Maybe I'd lease a brand new Cadillac Escalade!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts