Forum to forum links

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by sinbad, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sinbad

sinbad Well-Known Member

I don't mean the www links perse, but social and other types of links as well.

When you google through prep forums or any other forums you sometimes come across nice but almost deserted forums. Just like a few folks in a small island. It occured to me that preppers sometimes think of "alliances' with like-minded folks. So, has it occured to you that members of this forum visit iother forums and invite members here and vice versa ? Maybe it is good in many way. For example, something happens to this forum for a few days, members can meet in the other forum . Also, you will have more experioenced preppers to share ideas with.

This idea specifically focuses on small quiet forums scattered all over tha e-landscape, not the very popular ones with all kinds of members, the paranoid, and the Rambos ..etc.

I do not have my own forum and I am not going to give examples unless it is necessary. The purpose of this discussiobn is to plough throw the idea of having mult-forum ring, and its +ve or -ve sides. Is it better to just maintain the narrower circle of freinds in one forum, or is better to have 3 or 4 forums loosely linked together as backup of each other ???

... and who knows ...
    maybe one day you have to bug out and be taken in by someone in the other forum.

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I don't mind if someone posts a link to other sites that are good, but, as far as trying to "build-up" dead sites by directing traffic over there from here, what is the point?? Too much information is already cross-posted all over the 'net and trying to keep a tight-rein on some of the crap that is spread around is a full-time job.

3. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I have put links up to here and invited some of the like minded folks from my other forum to come on over and some from here over there. I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
    I also call it sharing the wealth.. lol