Forum categories suggestion

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by IndigoLight, Aug 8, 2011.

1. IndigoLight

IndigoLight Spiritual Prepper

The categories I am suggesting would fit nicely into "Off the path" part of the forum IMO.
    I would like to suggest 2 categories: "2012" and "Spirituality" (to include pagans, eastern religion and philosophy followers, witches, agnostics, atheists, everybody who doesn't fit into traditional religions' mold, plus, it will possibly also serve a non-radical traditional religion followers)

I know that "Religion" forum already exists, but it's difficult to fit into it for some of us :cool:

And "2012" will have some interesting discussions I think ;)
    Thank you for your consideration :wave:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Could you explain why you don't feel you fit in the Religion category? I believe it was intented to include all faiths, including what you listed. Is it the word 'religion' itself that is problematic (as in, those faiths are not 'organized religion')?

I ask because I would genuinely like to understand. My faith was slammed in a recent thread, and the faith of people dear to me was slammed in another. I wouldn't intentionally do that to someone else - I want to make sure I don't do it unintentionally, either. ;)

3. IndigoLight

I understand the all-inclusive intention behind the "Religion" forum, and I am all for it, but it doesn't work in our society and I don't think it's going to work here. A thought did cross my mind about asking to simply rename the category as "Religion and Spirituality", but I have my doubts that the new name would do much :dunno:
    It seems to me that the preconceived notion of most entering this forum, is that it is a Christian forum. There is no room for anybody else (I doubt people bother to read the rules about it being all-inclusive, or they wouldn't start certain threads).
    I know that not everyone on this forum is a Christian and/or a radical. And I feel that we can have some very interesting discussions if, and that's a big IF, there is enough tolerance and patience from all involved.

I guess I am attempting to combine prepping with spirituality (not religion, I think we both have an understanding that they are not the one and the same). I've seen prepping/surviving forums and I've seen spiritual forums, but I've never seen one combining both. So this is my little to attempt to try and create a small niche for it :)
    I believe that spiritual preparedness is just as important as physical/material.

I, personally, would love to hear about other people's faiths, but in a civil manner, not in your face dogma.
    I would like to discuss traditional and non-traditional religions, philosophies and beliefs. I would like to talk about magic and people's spiritual experiences. I feel that there is so much we can learn from each other if only we keep an open mind, but unfortunately, I do not feel that such project will survive inside the "Religion" category.

I do not like to see topics like "religion1 vs religion2" where people's faith is being slammed. I am bothered by growing intolerance and xenophobia in modern society. I strongly believe that this is the time to be united, but I cannot make deaf hear. Therefore, I prefer not to waste my time in fruitless uphills battles with people who can teach me nothing. I'd much rather prefer a civilized discussion with people I can learn from (no matter what their faith is or isn't).

I strongly believe in personal choices and free will and would not slam anybody's beliefs intentionally. If I did, it was unintentional, and I apologize. I hope it wasn't me "slamming" your faith :surrender:

So to conclude, what I am hoping for here are two categories:
    1 - remains "Religion" and is not bothered by "weirdos" :D like moi,
    2 - "Spirituality" where all are welcomed, regardless of their faith or lack thereof ;), but no slamming of any kind will be tolerated, and human unity will be strongly promoted. I am hoping that curiosity of some will lead them to spiritual revelations ;):)

Love, Light and Harmony to all.

4. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

The thing is, we do have all types in the religion forum. Some people are openly into witchcraft, some are devout Christians, and some are what have you. All of us are open and receptive to the other's ideals and beliefs, and it's very rare that the conversations get out of hand.

Myself, I wouldn't be against the religion section splitting, but I certainly don't think it's necessary.

5. IndigoLight

I want to believe this.
    So I am going to be a good sport and go ask regulars in "Religion".
    Thanks for your post, Jason. You have a good heart. I can tell :)
    Love your signature :D

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Jason pretty well hit it on the mark ... and yea, he is one of the good guys. :wave:

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

At this point in the life of PreparedSociety the "Religion" section is more than enough - some days I even consider shutting it down completely when heated arguments show up.

The "religion" section isn't there to discuss what is the best religion or anythin like that. What I was hoping it would become is a place for open discussion with preparations in mind.

This post is written by a minister in the Universal Church of Jeep and a disciple in the Univeral Church of KLR and I have been baptised in antifreeze and oil ...

8. IndigoLight

That's exactly what I am looking for!
    Thanks for your answer, we'll try to work it out in "Religion".
    Please don't shut it down yet :)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  9. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Thanks for the compliments...