Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to everyone :)

I need a few advices as to making a cache in forest. I started to make such a cache a few weeks ago (just simply burying the stuff about 0,5-1m under the ground).

As I visited the place yesterday I just ALL my stuff being thrown about and digiged up. On the packings (plastic bottles) I saw damages which can be linked to boars living in the forest. It seems as the boars may have got 'appealed' by any smell being unknown for them - possibly the silicone used to made the bottles water-resistant :(

I found such a situation at least improbable to become ever .. until the yesterday ... :confused:

So... I'm looking for any EFFECTIVE but (not too expensive ;) ) idea to make the boars keeping AWAY from my cache... I believe you're just can help me in this matter :)

Thanks in advance ! :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bury your stuff, level the dirt directly on top of it, then put as big a piece of tin over it as you can fit. Get a bit bottle of pepper and sprinkle over it. Put dirt to ground level and put more pepper. Then, put the ground cover back on and sprinkle some more pepper. Pigs have excellent smellers on them. I used to keep over fifty wild pigs here in a pen out back. You may even drive some rebar stakes 18" long or so and kinda nail the tin down to the dirt. They root the dirt and actually mouth it and filter out the dirt and eat the roots and things. So, they will get the pepper. But, you want to put a lot because it will be more than one pig.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts