Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOST LIKELY TO SECEDE: The Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty - Vermont Commons

MOST LIKELY TO SECEDE: The Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty

WHEREAS All people are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; and

WHEREAS Food is human sustenance and is the fundamental prerequisite to life; and

WHEREAS The basis of human sustenance rests on the ability of all people to save seed, grow, process, consume and exchange food and farm products; and

WHEREAS We the People of Vermont, have an obligation to protect these rights as is the Common and Natural Law; and in recognition of the State's proud agricultural heritage; and the necessity of agricultural, ecological and economic diversity and sustainability to a free and healthy Society;

THEREFORE, Be it resolved, that We The People, stand on our rights under the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution and reject such Federal decrees, statutes, regulations or corporate practices that threaten OUR BASIC HUMAN RIGHT TO SAVE SEED, GROW, PROCESS, CONSUME, AND EXCHANGE FOOD AND FARM PRODUCTS within the State of Vermont;:2thumb:
and,

Be it further resolved, that We The People, shall resist any and all infringements upon these rights, from whatever sources that are contrary to the rights of the People of the State of Vermont.:congrat:

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
I think that I understood the quote in the OP to read freedom from Buerocracy in food production
The whole f ing world needs less desk jockies thinking they know best. and "modern" chemical land destroying farming methods are about profits .NOT about feeding the people. Statistics can be bent to mean anything ,same as using titles which mean one thing and can be linked to some other idea.

Here is a plan If you don't grow enough food to feed 2 families YOURSELF you don't have an opinion about agriculture and or especially about how it is grown.

Sorry Jay jay just had to put my nose in

·
Registered
143 Posts
Surely, I must be daft! I do believe that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights and if we do not have the right to eat, how can we have the right to life. Now my right to eat does not supercede your right to the fruits of your labor. All of our rights are co equal and Our Creator did not intend that hungry people should rob productive people. Any act or law that limits my right to produce a crop in the manner that I wish, on property that I own is immoral, Any act or law that confiscates the fruits of my labor is obscene. These confiscatory and centrally planned and regulated notions are exactly what have caused the African famines. The whole problem is in the collective trying to control the actions of the individual. Those who seek to help one group at the forced exspense of another group have starved and murdered untold millions throughout the course of history, AND THEY ARE GETTING READY TO DO IT AGAIN. They will have the enthusiastic help of a multitude of usefull idiots, commonly called "Humanitarians. Liberty benefits all men and it is absolutely either Liberty or Tyranny. We all have to decide which of these philosophies we subscribe to and dump these silly thoughts of being moderate or nuetral. We have to defend the the rights of a farmer who wants to save his seed rather than be forced to use something else. If this farmer does not have that simple and harmless right, and the rest of us do not defend that right, how can any of us expect that we have any rights at all, OR, I could just be daft.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The people of Vermont want the right to grow, and maintain a supply of seeds to grow again. This is well within the protections granted under the Tenth amendment, we used to be Americans, and had freedoms protected by the constitution.

Why did the thread get so whacked out? Dammit, I am glad I really don't need much info on preparedness. Only question I had was on drying food and I got several good responses.

My gratitude and thanks to the folks that replied to my questions, with tips and helpful links.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that I understood the quote in the OP to read freedom from Buerocracy in food production
The whole f ing world needs less desk jockies thinking they know best. and "modern" chemical land destroying farming methods are about profits .NOT about feeding the people. Statistics can be bent to mean anything ,same as using titles which mean one thing and can be linked to some other idea.

Here is a plan If you don't grow enough food to feed 2 families YOURSELF you don't have an opinion about agriculture and or especially about how it is grown.

Sorry Jay jay just had to put my nose in
I told my husband this morning we should be sure to get those 'revenuers' names and addresses and be damn sure to travel by their houses all spring/summer to be sure they're following those regulations and not seeding, growing, canning, sharing, or selling!!!:congrat:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts