Prepared Society Forum banner
6K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Canadian 
#1 ·
Any suggestions for semi-long term storage of flour?

#28 ·
I don't think a juicer would work for a variety of reasons. The only juicer that might work would be a "masticator" like the Champion juicer. Even then you'll get a wet meal instead of a dry grind. Probably bring all the oils out? Who knows...
ok, thanx for answering

but where do the oils go in a grinder? a reservoir?
are they in significant amounts in wheat to be used as a cooking product or for any other uses?

#29 ·
I think there'd be just enough to make it messy. Not enough to cook with. I have a Champion Juicer. The food goes in the top and you push it down into the chamber where a rotating set of comb blades "masticates" (same process as chewing your food) the food. The ground up wet solids come out the front. The liquids - mostly water - drip out of the area under the grind chamber through a mesh.

It seems that the water content of the food escapes through the mesh. Foods with oils tend to retain the oil in the more solid stuff that comes out the front of the machine.

I'm sure the wheat would be cookable and edible but would not resemble traditional flour at all. It's be a wet kind of paste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.