Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Grunt
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Governments in fear of their people resort to pulling the switch on the internet.

Tea Party being called "terrorists" by administration goons and ass-clowns like Biden.

Christians, preppers, and those pesky gun-loving right wingers may be enough to throw the plug a bit before the real overhaul of the presidency can take place.

I can see it now..."in the name of security, the US Government has had to ......"

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Governments in fear of their people resort to pulling the switch on the internet.

Tea Party being called "terrorists" by administration goons and ass-clowns like Biden.

Christians, preppers, and those pesky gun-loving right wingers may be enough to throw the plug a bit before the real overhaul of the presidency can take place.

I can see it now..."in the name of security, the US Government has had to ......"
Like your signature.:beercheer:

·
Grunt
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
His sig is from a great book, very good read.

I just realized that flash mob in Maryland couldnt have been more than 2 miles from my house! I couldnt find out which 711 it was, but it doesnt look like the one thats closest to me, but I dont go there but maybe a coupla times a year.

Frikk!

·
Grunt
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our Founding Fathers understood the fickle nature of crowds and the ability to sway their emotions quickly in order to facilitate "change".

Under most conditions, this level of "shocking the system" is unsustainable in a society and it was very clear that measures must be implemented to insure laws and decisions are well thought out and exposed to the "light" that only time and scrutiny provides.

I am always disturbed to hear the "enlightened" speak of our cumbersome government or "grid-locked" politics (Cokie Roberts actually blamed our beloved Constitution on the debt ceiling issue). This "cumbersome nature" was specifically imposed in the constitution and heavily argued for in the Federalist Papers to stifle reactionary and emotional crowd responses evoked by silver-tongued politicians and community agitators.

Every day that our government is grid-locked from "sweeping changes" is another day I maintain the same level of liberties. Although those days were swept along with "change" as of late and are continually dwindling.

NO.....:surrender:

·
Grunt
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
140 Posts
I find the government control troubling. The same technology can be used to call for help or warn others to avoid potentially violent situations. Some bureaucrat cutting cell coverage bothers me first because it is a huge violation of my right to free speech, and secondly for the reasons above.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
We do not have a landline. Our cell phone is our only communication at home. Yikes!!!
I'd get rid of the cell phone before I would the land line.Only reason we have a cell phone is because there are no more public pay phones when traveling or on the road.

Any cell phone or cordless landline can be listened to by your neighbors or anyone else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts