Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great resource when I was a kid, but I can't for the life of me remember what the name was.
There were these flash cards...I can see them in my minds eye, but...maybe something like "Jumble"?
Each had a noun, verb, or short conjunctive phrase, like "and the", "refrigerator", "wiggled", etc with cartoonish illustrations.
We would mix them all up, and then build a really fun story as they were overturned one by one.
Creativity and reading skills.

Does any of that sound familiar to anyone?
Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
Do an internet search for "flash cards words to make sentences".
There's several but I don't know which one you're specifically looking for.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You could easily make your own flash cards. There are printable templates available online; unfortunately, I just discovered my favorite source is no longer free. Www.donnayoung.org was my go-to spot for printables, but you can do just fine with a pen and large pile of notecards. Depending on the age and needs of your student, there is a great benefit to having the student make his or her own cards..reinforces spelling, if nothing else. If you're wanting these to teach grammar, I would suggest using different colors of ink for parts of speech..nouns blue, verbs red, for instance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts