Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted to share these 2 beautiful bald eagles with you and didn't know where to post them......so............starting a new thread called : fishing and birds. We went fishing this morning at a nearby lake and the eagles watch and hope that we will throw them a fish.......

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Nice Pics..did you throw them a fish? If so under the The Eagle Act, originally passed in 1940, prohibits the take, possession, sale, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase, or barter, transport, export or import, of any bald or golden eagle, alive or dead, including any part, nest, or egg, unless allowed by permit (16U.S.C 668(a); 50 CFR 22). "Take" is defined as "pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb" a bald or golden eagle. The term "disturb" under the Eagle Act was recently defined via a final rule published in the Federal Register on June 5, 2007 (72 Fed. Reg. 31332). "Disturb" means to agitate or bother a bald or golden eagle to a degree that causes, or is likely to cause, based on the best scientific information available, 1) injury to an eagle, 2) a decrease in its productivity, by substantially interfering with normal breeding, feeding, or sheltering behavior, or 3) nest abandonment, by substantially interfering with normal breeding, feeding, or sheltering behavior.

Hey I'm just saying :wave:

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
The pictures are really beautiful!!! I was hiking in Florida and came around a bend and within 20' of me standing on the ground was a Bald Eagle! They stand at least 3' high and you don't realize how big they are.. Keep up the good pics..my first post was for humor!:D Thanks!

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually Rev, we were pretty far down the lake from them when we finally caught fish........BUT.........have thrown them fish many times. I'll just say they were harassing me and I threw the fish at them in self defense....wonder if it helps that I'm on the reservation?? Yes, they are majestic and awesome creatures up close....My friend heard the bleating of a calf or something, and it was a bald eagle carrying a fawn.......sad huh.....:surrender:

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
Those are incredible pictures! Thanks for sharing them! :congrat:

I'd love to see eagles like that. I've only seen an eagle once (here in OH) - well, not including at the zoo. ;) But I hear they're on the rise in our state, up to something like 50, LOL. :)

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful bird! Thanks for sharing them with us!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
When I was younger the only place in MI you could see them was the U.P. now I have them fly over my house every so often and I often see them near the river and around this one field near my house.. They perch on these few big dead trees and scope out the deer road kill that is always on that road(don't know why there are so many road kills in that area-there are no trees for them to jump out from behind.. just big fields... Most of us locals know to slow down there!;) But they just love road kill deer!

·
Banned
399 Posts
actually Rev, we were pretty far down the lake from them when we finally caught fish........BUT.........have thrown them fish many times. I'll just say they were harassing me and I threw the fish at them in self defense....wonder if it helps that I'm on the reservation?? Yes, they are majestic and awesome creatures up close....My friend heard the bleating of a calf or something, and it was a bald eagle carrying a fawn.......sad huh.....:surrender:
Sad but that is nature. The fawn will feed them and their nest full of babies.
The fawn will not go to waste.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Awesome looking creatures! Great pictures! I love seeing wildlife when fishing/hunting. Was out on the lake w/ my dad and saw a deer on one of the islands. Just watched us for a while til we finished and left.

As for the legality of throwing a bird a fish -- good grief! I say look left (no ranger), look right (no ranger), throw the damn bird a fish if youd like. Hell, sit still and take some pictures of the awesome raptor tearing the fish to pieces! The bird will thank you and as long as there are no libtards around everything will be peachy! :)

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Awesome looking creatures! Great pictures! I love seeing wildlife when fishing/hunting. Was out on the lake w/ my dad and saw a deer on one of the islands. Just watched us for a while til we finished and left.

As for the legality of throwing a bird a fish -- good grief! I say look left (no ranger), look right (no ranger), throw the damn bird a fish if youd like. Hell, sit still and take some pictures of the awesome raptor tearing the fish to pieces! The bird will thank you and as long as there are no libtards around everything will be peachy! :)
I'm carrying my camera with me each time now cuz there are so many bears being seen and yes, throwing a fish is always a good thing ( after you make sure the fish floats). I threw one to her one day and before she could get it, it sank.........now I check first and if they want to sink I put them up on the rocks. She takes them anyway..........:cool:

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I'm carrying my camera with me each time now cuz there are so many bears being seen and yes, throwing a fish is always a good thing ( after you make sure the fish floats). I threw one to her one day and before she could get it, it sank.........now I check first and if they want to sink I put them up on the rocks. She takes them anyway..........:cool:
Haha! I would try doing mouth-to-mouth and blow some air inside the fish and see if it floats better :D of course post a picture of you doing that to the forum :lolsmash:

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha! I would try doing mouth-to-mouth and blow some air inside the fish and see if it floats better :D of course post a picture of you doing that to the forum :lolsmash:
hmmmm, I could take a straw with me........I hate fish breath....we'll see ...:D

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
GoshenGirl:if you live anywhere close to Pymatuning lafe there are a number of bald eagles around the lake. They have those big quarter operated binoculars aimed at a nest or two and while they're not swarming the place it's not uncommon to see them dive bombing the lake. When we duck hunt we go way back in the swamps there and I'd just as soon see eagles as take ducks.

·
edirPsmaP
1,587 Posts
Yes, Pymatuning Lake has several. I am not far from there. We have had them flying over our heads when we were boating last fall. We even have one nest that is about 2 miles from me. I have seen them flying over my house!

Beautiful pictures!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts