Firearms refresher course

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by HozayBuck, Oct 11, 2010.

1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. "Thomas Jefferson"

2. "Those who trade liberty for security have neither." ~ John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

8. Know guns, know peace, know safety.
    No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

10. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

11. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

12. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

13. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

14. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15. Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Never heard that one. :beercheer:

3. Todays Survival Show

Todays Survival Show Survival and Handgun Podcaster

My favorite is #10. Extremely true. No such thing as an "assault" rifle. I could "assault" someone with a lever action 30-30 if I wanted to.

4. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Sorry man, but there is such a thing as an assault rifle. It's a distinct class of firearm that fires an intermediate round cartridge, generally bottle necked such as the 7.62 X 39 mm or the 5.56 mm NATO, from a magazine, and capable of semi, burst, and/or automatic fires. The name was coined by Adolph Hitler for various weapons that fell in the "Sturmgewehr" category. Sturmgewehr translates to storm rifle, with storm being assault, like storming a castle. Assault rifles include the AK-47, M16A2, and many other rifles. They are distinct from Main Battle Rifles which are similar but use full rifle cartridges like 7.62 mm NATO, Submachine guns which fire pistol caliber rounds, and Personal Defense Weapons which fire often unique, small bottle nosed rounds.

The 'assault weapon' category is the one that's a bogus creation of the left...I figure this is what you meant to type.

5. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Stand at ease Bro... your picking nits.. Anything is an assault weapon if you use it assault folks.. Cain killed Able with an assault rock... The boys in the Alamo killed a lot of "LBF's" with muzzle loading Assault rifles.. We all know about the media and their bullsh&t ... OH and F*^% hitler.... BUT he did develop the wonderful VW beetle!!...:D

6. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

A.H., which stands for Adoph Hitler and something else, also promoted the brilliant Autobahn, which inspired our Interstate Highway system, the V.W. beetle, the assault rifle, and other things. If he'd not been so caught up in conquest and racism and not been an evil person, imagine what good things someone with that charisma and drive could do. Tragic, horrific waste of talent.

But that's all a side note.

The Gulags, the Death Camps, the Killing Fields and a host of other horrors can't happen if there's an armed populance!

7. Todays Survival Show

Todays Survival Show Survival and Handgun Podcaster

Yeah, that's what I meant. I still think assault is more of an action than it is a type of rifle. An AK does nothing unless the user decides to assault his victim. I concede it's easier to do with an AR or AK, but it could be done with any weapon.