Firearms Anonymous

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by kyfarmer, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Jezz! i need some help. I have a meeting today to look at 5 long gun,s and 3 handgun,s. Someone stop me :D what is wrong with someone that cannot choose just one. The list a mosin, enfield, sks, rem 270 bolt and a nice blackpowder 50 calb. Not sure about the hand gun,s yet. One is i know a 1950,s 45 calb. S&W wheel gun. Can't afford them all :( I really need F.A. some one send me a brochure, next week :D I,ll let ya know how bad i broke over. How many have this horrible affliction.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

1-800-NoNuGun. Good luck with your recovery. :D

3. TreeMUPKennel

TreeMUPKennel Well-Known Member

MMMMMMMMMMMM, thats a tough one there, :dunno: Might as well buy them all.:D

4. Nina9mm

Nina9mm Member

kyfarmer, I have recently been struck with the same affliction from which you suffer. Like an alcoholic eyeing up a bottle of vodka at the liquor store, I find myself lusting after the few remaining boxes of ammo at the sports shop. If I try to reason with myself that I have enough, I break out in a cold sweat and worry about someone coming along and buying up those last boxes...and...I can't...help...myself. When I should be working, or doing something productive at home, I find myself on gunbroker.org, dreaming, scheming, plotting. Who will notice if I buy another one? I tell myself I can stop this obsession any time I choose, but I know, and maybe you do too, that the attraction is too powerful....and I am a slave to the weapons :cry:

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

LOL. I had that same addiction 5-6 years ago, but mine was guitars. In a year and a half I bought 9 of them. Didn't really need them, I had four to begin with. I just liked them. :rolleyes:

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Thanks for the number ;),I may need to look into this for my son. LOL

7. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

Guns are like puppies, I love every one I meet and want to bring it home with me!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  8. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I made the mistake of stopping at the "puppy store" last night.
    Walked out with:
    Les Bear 1911
    TC 30.06 bolt-action rifle
    .223 single shot rifle with scope and bipod
    Ruger GP100 (stainless with 6" barrel).

9. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

lol, I am not alone!

I try to limit myself to one or two a year.... I am not always successful. Now am trying to force myself to part with one every time I bring a new one home. The trouble is that there are really none that I want to get rid of....

10. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

bczoom which TC did you buy? I bought a Venture last fall and love it.

11. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

That's what I got as well. The price he was asking was too sweet to pass on. New in box drum roll please... $299.

Found a Nikon Monarch scope on the shelf to put on it. :)

12. FirearmsAnonymous

FirearmsAnonymous New Member

Nice Thread Title

I just wanted to stop by and say that there are many out there who have the same affliction and not to worry too much. There is a newer blog out there for people who suffer as we do at Firearms Anonymous if you want to check it out.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.