Fire Sale and Bug Out...

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by ra5451, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ra5451

ra5451 Well-Known Member

Wow !!! I was just reading through some of the posts (I'm a newbie) and came across BaseCamp who has a great setup back in the woods....That sounds like a great idea! I have 52 acres that I'd love to sell and start over and find a location off the grid! I'd love to hear of others that have done the same....Please pardon me if there is another thread about this.

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Why sell off 52 acres unless you are completely surrounded by problems that you cannot overcome. You might be able to de-grid your current location with little hassle.

3. nkjones1

nkjones1 Active Member

Exactly! Hold on to your land. I have a half acre in the suburbs and struggle with not having the room, and if the SHTF I'll probably have to leave. With that much land there are plenty of ways to make that your primary residence and your BOL, possibly with just a storm cellar. Just look into getting solar and wind power and being "off the grid". Trust me you can do lots more than you might think with that much land.

4. easttexas

easttexas Member

already done it! isold out our house ,property, and most unusable possesions and bought a few acres deep in the piney forests of east texas, built a moderate little cabin and stocked up! had to learn a lot of new/old ways of living but we are already hunkered in! and doing fine im thinkin im about as ready as ill ever get