·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/11/feinstein-lynch-clinton-emails-239391

Feinstein: Congress should probe whether Lynch provided cover for Clinton

By Victoria Guida

06/11/2017 10:54 AM EDT

Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Sunday said Congress should look into former FBI Director James Comey's revelation that former Attorney General Loretta Lynch asked him to downplay the nature of his investigation into Hillary Clinton's emails.

Testifying before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey said Lynch had asked him to refer to the probe as a "matter" rather than an investigation, an exchange that he said made him feel queasy.

Asked whether Lynch was providing cover for Clinton, Feinstein said she couldn't answer.

"I would have a queasy feeling too, though, to be candid with you," she said on CNN's "State of the Union." "I think we need to know more about that, and there's only one way to know about it, and that's to have the Judiciary Committee take a look at that."

But Feinstein emphasized that this investigation should be separate from the one into potential ties between President Donald Trump's campaign and Russia.

"I don't think we should mix the two," the California senator said.

Feinstein, who is the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee and a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said she didn't know whether Trump's statements to Comey on the Russia probe, as relayed by the former FBI director, constitute obstruction of justice.

"I don't intend to draw any conclusions until investigations are finished," she said.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Wow. I knew they didn't like her but I'm surprised.

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts
Wow. I knew they didn't like her but I'm surprised.
Even the Dumbocrats are getting tired of her. And it's becoming more obvious just how bat sh!t crazy Hillary really is. Calls for her to step down actually began even before the Election. :coffee:

Example: http://truthfeed.com/chicago-tribune-suggests-democrats-ask-hillary-to-step-aside/32829/

Excerpt: "Democrats should say, honestly, that with a new criminal investigation going on into events around her home-brew email server from the time she was secretary of state, having Clinton anywhere near the White House is just not a good idea. Since Oct. 7, WikiLeaks has released 35,000 emails hacked from Clinton campaign boss John Podesta. Now WikiLeaks, no longer a neutral player but an active anti-Clinton agency, plans to release another 15,000 emails. What if she is elected? Think of a nation suffering a bad economy and continuing chaos in the Middle East, and now also facing a criminal investigation of a president. Add to that congressional investigations and a public vision of Clinton as a Nixonian figure wandering the halls, wringing her hands."

Hillary, and Bill, for that matter, have a criminal history going all the way back to the early 90's and "Whitewater." If anyone could actually be worse than Obamaniac as President, it would be Hillary. :puke:

·
I love the smell of Argon in the morning
2,850 Posts
There is no question that Lynch was covering for Clinton.

During the Comey hearing, he said that AG Lynch told him to use the term "matter" instead of investigation when asked about what was going on with Clinton. To make it worse Comey did use the "matter" term, this made him apart of the cover-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts