Fed set to down grade economy

Discussion in 'Money, Investing & Precious Metals' started by lotsoflead, Aug 9, 2010.

1. lotsoflead

lotsoflead Well-Known Member

The Federal Reserve is set to downgrade its assessment of US economic prospects when it meets on Tuesday to discuss ways to reboot the flagging recovery.

Faced with weak economic data and rising fears of a double-dip recession, the Federal Open Market Committee is likely to ensure its policy is not constraining growth and to use its statement to signal greater concern about the economy. It is, however, unlikely to agree big new steps to boost growth.
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/dedcb986-a...44feabdc0.html

2. alanz

alanz Active Member

I hear they're purchasing more U.S. debt. How much longer can this go on?

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

If they're going to keep throwing away money anyway, they could send each and every one of us, say, $1,000! That would boost it some, at least my portion!

I'd make a lot of progress on my prepping wish list!

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Why stop at $1000. Billions to the big banks and Wall Street didn't do any good. If they sent every SS# in the country $1,000,000, that would give the economy quite a shot of adrenalin. :D

5. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

They can't do it by SS#, that would leave out all those who snuck in. They deserve their share too.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah, those people would probably get theirs first!

$1,000,000... sigh...