Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feb. 18th

• Full Snow Moon – February Since the heaviest snow usually falls during this month, native tribes of the north and east most often called February’s full Moon the Full Snow Moon. Some tribes also referred to this Moon as the Full Hunger Moon, since harsh weather conditions in their areas made hunting very difficult.

I love a full moon and the lore that goes with it!

So I thought I would share.;)

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Cool, I usually just howl an scratch a bit!:D

It really be interestin how much the wilderness cycle revolves around the moon as well as people. I know they say it don't affect humans, but my wife works in a residential care facility fer the mentally ill, she will tell ya things get lots more interestin on the full moons!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here's a neat article that quotes and links to scientific studies done on the full moon and human behavior.

io9. We come from the future.

Our Ancestors knew yesterday, what science merely proves today. Much of ancient life revolved around lunar cycles since human beings began to look up at the sky.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a neat article that quotes and links to scientific studies done on the full moon and human behavior.

io9. We come from the future.

Our Ancestors knew yesterday, what science merely proves today. Much of ancient life revolved around lunar cycles since human beings began to look up at the sky.
Interesting article ... For myself ... I don't think the full moon makes people "crazy" but I do believe that it does call to some folks ... (like myself) I'm drawn to the full moon ... it is part of the wheel of life.

Then again ... if I was drawn to the full moon and did not understand that call ... some might say that was a little crazy.:dunno:

Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
boating under the full moon ... :2thumb: ... I think bon fire and full moon. Cool ... a different way to look at Sister Moon (Grandmother Moon to some).

Thanks for posting ... :D

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
When the moon comes up over Lake Erie it is a deep orange from when it brakes the horizon until about 30 degrees. BEAUTIFUL A full moon high in the sky on a crisp clear winter night illuminaates all the ice piled up on the lake and shore. Sometimes it looks like bright chrystals everywhere and you can read and see your shadow as you walk.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I was out with the family going out to dinner and we all saw the moon come up it was HUGE! And the most lovely shade of pale orange.. We even drove to a spot so we could see it better. The moon over the snow is really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts